By dragdaily12

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Anyone excited for this season to kick off? I can't wait.

#2 7 years ago

Sure, after the slow start in season one it was nice to see Saul starting to come out in season 2. I have a good feeling about this season...

#4 7 years ago

Love the show as much as I loved Breaking Bad, but I have to say that I actually fell asleep during last night's season opener, it was sooooo slowwwww. Hope Vince Gilligan picks up the pace a bit in e02.

#5 7 years ago

Thats fuuny. I always get a good laugh during the morning radio shows prank calls. Carmen is the best

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Love the show as much as I loved Breaking Bad, but I have to say that I actually fell asleep during last night's season opener, it was sooooo slowwwww. Hope Vince Gilligan picks up the pace a bit in e02.

Falling asleep too, only thing I remember is annoying song while he was at cinnabon.

#7 7 years ago

Well made TV shows, like movies, are never too slow. Likewise bad ones are never too fast.

Relax. Enjoy the characters and the slow burn.

#8 7 years ago

I think there starting this season of excellent. I to enjoy a balance of slow burn and adrenaline. I can't wait till next Monday!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

I think there starting this season of excellent. I to enjoy a balance of slow burn and adrenaline. I can't wait till next Monday!

Can't go wrong with Gus Fring, and I think I saw those fascinatingly murderous brothers in the commercial too.

#10 7 years ago

Hard to follow Breaking Bad,maybe the best TV show of all time.I was expecting a let down,but this series is really good.Great writers and good acting go along way.What makes BCS and BB so good,you find yourself rooting for the bad guy.The writers and story are top notch.

#11 7 years ago

Three seasons in, we still haven't seen "Saul" once!
Still love it.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Saul Rosenberg?

lol I was a huge Jerky Boys fan back in the day !

#13 7 years ago

I'm glad it's back, so I can forget about how much TWD sucked.

#14 7 years ago

I like the fact it moves so slow. That way when something half way cool happens it really pops.

Anyone remember the breaking bad episode that had Walter trying to kill a fly in the lab. It was the entire episode. Talk about slow.

#15 7 years ago

Ok, thanks to my sheltered tight wad living (no Netflix only plain old tv for me, not even a flat screen in the bedroom, yes I have colour lol) and thanks to "Little Guy Video" rental in my town, I have just watched the entire Season 1 of Better Call Saul for $5 on 3 DVDs. Thank you fellow pinsiders I am hooked! But, here is my dilemma .......... The kid at the video store doesn't know when they will receive the next season At least I can play pinball while I wait.

#16 7 years ago

Im ready for the 2 episode tonight.

#17 7 years ago

Alright.....now it's getting rather more interesting with ep2.

#18 7 years ago

Love seeing Gus again!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

I like the fact it moves so slow. That way when something half way cool happens it really pops.
Anyone remember the breaking bad episode that had Walter trying to kill a fly in the lab. It was the entire episode. Talk about slow.

You mean "Fly?"

#20 7 years ago

Great episode. Things are getting interesting and I think next show will be an eye opener....

#21 7 years ago

Good episode last night. Chuck is a dick.

#22 7 years ago

The slow pace coupled with fantastic acting makes this series incredible.

Watching Jimmy slowly turn into Saul is heartbreaking, in the best way possible.

Marcus

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

The slow pace coupled with fantastic acting makes this series incredible.
Watching Jimmy slowly turn into Saul is heartbreaking, in the best way possible.
Marcus

Yes! Perfect mix of heavy dialog, great acting, and enough action.
Knowing how it ultimately ends up adds a weird twist to it, it makes you pay more attention for the clues as it comes together.

#24 7 years ago

I hate waiting a week to see what will happen. Dam you suspenseful writers!

#25 7 years ago

I loved Breaking Bad and purposely have waited and not watched Saul yet. I'm looking forward to powering through the episodes soon. I take it that it's a good show?

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

I hate waiting a week to see what will happen. Dam you suspenseful writers!

I record the entire season and then binge watch it. I hate having to wait for the next episode and this way I can binge watch the entire season without having to wait.

Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Good episode last night. Chuck is a dick.

I haven't watched any of this season's episodes yet, but based upon the first two seasons Chuck is definitely a major dick.

Gord

1 year later
#27 5 years ago

Hi everyone is series 4 airing soon? Or am I just in a state of wishful thinking?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

Hi everyone is series 4 airing soon? Or am I just in a state of wishful thinking?

New season started already. I think they are 3-4 episodes into the new season.

#29 5 years ago

Sweet, thanks.

#30 5 years ago

It's starting to pickup now

#31 5 years ago

Gus is more of a regular. It's been nice to see Lydia again.

#32 5 years ago

I was watching old YouTube videos of the Jiminy Glick show (Martin Short is hilarious)

I never noticed before that Michael McKean (the actor who played Chuck) was Jiminy's harp playing sidekick, lol

images.jpgimages.jpg
#33 5 years ago

We never made it over to this show for some reason, after loving Breakig Bad. Did it start out more like a comedy/sitcom and then morph darker and darker over time?? That’s the impression I keep getting

#34 5 years ago

Never a comedy. There are some funny moments, but it’s been pretty dark from the beginning.

#35 5 years ago

Now I could get down voted for this, but I think it's better than breaking bad

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

We never made it over to this show for some reason, after loving Breakig Bad. Did it start out more like a comedy/sitcom and then morph darker and darker over time?? That’s the impression I keep getting

It's ok not great. If you think of getting a bit more BB settings and characters it's fine but it's not great. I'll watch it but it's not BB good.

#37 5 years ago

Here's my opinion on the quality of BCS. Is it better than BB? Hell no! Is it the best show on TV right now? Hell yes!

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's ok not great. If you think of getting a bit more BB settings and characters it's fine but it's not great. I'll watch it but it's not BB good.

That’s the impression I got - we are waiting for all the horror shows to start so I was looking st this one again

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s the impression I got - we are waiting for all the horror shows to start so I was looking st this one again

Just binge it man, binge it.

#40 5 years ago

I will hint to my daughter and she will buy the dvd for me so I can binge the old way cause I have limited internet lol

#41 5 years ago

I like BCS but wish they had it start where Breaking Bad ended. They show glimpses of the present which I really like. Because it is a prequel, you already know how many of the characters end up.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I like BCS but wish they had it start where Breaking Bad ended

After BB ended, didn't Saul go into hiding also? Wouldn't make much sense to start there IMO. We're seeing how Jimmy turns into Saul.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I like BCS but wish they had it start where Breaking Bad ended.

But then you'd never know the story about how Jimmy McGill became Sal Goodman.

**I just wish they'd speed things up a bit. But when dead bodies start piling up like they are this season, you know it's getting serious, lol

#44 5 years ago

I had high hopes for BCS after enjoying his Saul Goodman character in BB (best TV show ever) but lost interest after watching part of the first season. I think he just needs the right role/character for his career to take off and he has that potential.

I think he'd be perfect as a character in "Shameless" with Frank Gallagher. Imagine them going into the shady "lawyer" business together and chasing ambulances.

#45 5 years ago

Damn and I thought this was an announcement for a better call saul pinball machine!!!! Lol.

I was eagerly waiting for the new season to begin but then forgot all about it, and not until I saw this thread did I realize season 4 began. I actually feel the writing is even better than breaking bad, which might make sense since the Gilligan and company are even more seasoned having created BB.

Incidentally I took a writing seminar where they analyzed Walter White's character as perhaps the most complex of any character that's been created (supplanting Tony sopranos complexity)

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

I had high hopes for BCS after enjoying his Saul Goodman character in BB (best TV show ever) but lost interest after watching part of the first season. I think he just needs the right role/character for his career to take off and he has that potential.
I think he'd be perfect as a character in "Shameless" with Frank Gallagher. Imagine them going into the shady "lawyer" business together and chasing ambulances.

I highly recommend that you give BCS another view. It is a fantastic story told by master storytellers.

The show is definitely living up to, and in my opinion, surpassing its potential.

Marcus

#47 5 years ago

Finally with last nights episode, its starting to get moving now...............

#48 5 years ago

Tonight's episode has a pinball machine prominently featured in it. It's a Getaway but they replaced all the sounds with EM chimes and bells.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Tonight's episode has a pinball machine prominently featured in it. It's a Getaway but they replaced all the sounds with EM chimes and bells.

I saw that,I wonder why they feel pinball machines need to sound like em's
This and Mr Mercedes on directv 239 are my favorites.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I saw that,I wonder why they feel pinball machines need to sound like em's

Part of it might have to due with rights issues if the game has music or voices.

Another part might be thats what a majority of people expect pinballs to sound like.

Also in many instances where pinball is in a scene it's just for background ambiance. If it had music or voice callouts being played it might distract from the main action more than simple bells and chimes would.

Even though the sound is wrong, I'm just glad pinball still shows up in mainstream media every now and then.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/better-call-saul?hl=leakyfaucet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.