(Topic ID: 250760)

Better anchor then Bally Pop bumper theaded nail?

By pinhead52

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinhead52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190904_125036_resized (resized).jpg
20190904_124904_resized (resized).jpg
20190903_221909_resized (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Ok, I just had a NOS EK pf clear coated, finished reattaching most of the bottom, now to work on the top. I have these nails that I need to drive ito the top of the pf to anchor the pop bumpers. Its going to make a mess, no way am I going to get them flush with the surface without totally destroying the surface. Anybody got a better solution? #8 screw to rod?

Ken

20190903_221909_resized (resized).jpg20190903_221909_resized (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's doable; I did it on a fully Kruzman cleared monster bash PF. Use a dremel with a very precise tip to get the clear out of the holes entirely, including the countersink area (espcially there). this gives the nail the clearance to actually sit flush. if there's any clear left, it will sit proud of the playfield.
Get the nail started by pounding it in with assistance from a piece of wood (don't use a hammer directly ), and towels around the playfield to keep from any misses. Get it in about halfway
Then find a lock nut to screw onto the nail from under the playfield to pull it through the playfield instead of trying to pound it in directly from the top

I just cannot see myself taking a dremel to the topside to clear away the clear. Im more inclined to drill out he pop base to #8 and just use stainless #8 srews to anchor.

#6 4 years ago

Yea, I said screw it, the nut does pull it nice and flush with the pf.

20190904_124904_resized (resized).jpg20190904_124904_resized (resized).jpg20190904_125036_resized (resized).jpg20190904_125036_resized (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Unless it's an odd angle; those don't look "flush" in those pics. They should be slightly countersunk so the tops of the nails are smooth with the playfield.

yea only 1 of the 9 is flush, I need to flip over and use the nut to pull tight/flush. Im messing up the clear by hammering away at it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Colleyville, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/better-anchor-then-bally-pop-bumper-theaded-nail?tu=pinhead52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.