(Topic ID: 208923)

Better 555 twist in sockets?

By Rascal_H

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D2AE5F4-113A-41AF-B311-3D8675D0A50C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rascal_H.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

My game is missing 1 555 lamp board twist in thing (there has to be a better name for them). I bought a 10 pack from Game Room Guys and none of them seem to work. I’ve tried bending the connector points up and messing with the leads on the LED. Tried all sorts of things. Of course I’ve also tried in known working spots on the lamp boards and they don’t work there either.

Anyone know where I can get a more reliable part?

9D2AE5F4-113A-41AF-B311-3D8675D0A50C (resized).jpeg9D2AE5F4-113A-41AF-B311-3D8675D0A50C (resized).jpeg

#6 6 years ago

Yeah, I think I need to invest some more time into it. It’s like the contacts are shorter on these than my stock parts. Maybe I need to reflow the pads in case there’s some kind of divot in the solder.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from wdennie:

Are you sure its the sockets and not the led's?

Pretty sure.., tried switching out with several different led and even regular incandescent.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rascal_H.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/better-555-twist-in-sockets?tu=Rascal_H and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.