(Topic ID: 199162)

The Siegecraft Beta Testing Thread (Now Expanded to Gottlieb!)

By HHaase

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by HHaase
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GB003-001 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1467 (resized).JPG
    IMGP5698 (resized).JPG
    IMGP5696 (resized).JPG
    There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Actually, I'd be interested to hear if it works with just incandescents first. I still have a couple board blanks that I may build non-LED style for now, to see if they at least work in that regard.
    -Hans

Ok I’ll give it a try and let you know.

#102 4 years ago

I have a sharpshooter I would love to have LEDs in. If you need another tester I am ready to install the board today!
    Thanks,
    Joe

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Actually, I'd be interested to hear if it works with just incandescents first. I still have a couple board blanks that I may build non-LED style for now, to see if they at least work in that regard.
    -Hans

I tested the LDU with incandescents today. There are 8 lamps that work with the original board, but don't work at all with this board. Other than that, it performs normally.

2 weeks later
    #104 4 years ago

Did you ever make a game plan lamp adapter so we can use leds?

#105 4 years ago

Was just down in Lincoln yesterday and was looking at dothedoo's machines, and he is doing some testing for me.

There's something odd with gameplan, and I haven't figured it out yet. Performance varies a lot from machine to machine. Most games people have tried it in about 80% of the LED's work fine, the remainder either don't work or flicker badly...... but I can't find a common theme about why that happens. And in some games they just go bonkers and just about everything in the game flickers and ghosts. I find this confusing, as the structure of the lamp driver is basically identical to Bally, but the same technique doesn't seem to work.

Might also be my selection of SCR's that I'm using too.

Still digging on that one but haven't had the necessary breakthrough yet.

On a positive note for other projects, I was grabbing an old Stern from him so I can start getting the research done for putting the Bally/Stern code into my bench display. Just by luck of the draw, I also grabbed a Zaccaria as well, so may be able to add both. Talking with my code guy about a plan for these, just need to get this Lectronamo running so I can start pulling timing data.

-Hans

2 years later
    #106 2 years ago

Any progress on this. Sure would like to have all LED’S in my Star Trip.

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kpkube:

Any progress on this. Sure would like to have all LED’S in my Star Trip.

Testing didn't go well with the Gameplan machines I had people try for me. The same methods as used on Bally/Stern didn't seem to work at all. The driver board worked fine with incandescent bulbs but not with LED's. Without a machine of my own, I wasn't able to continue.

I'm going to have room for another machine in a month or so, and might try looking at picking up a Gameplan machine of my own to do more in-depth work on it.

-Hans

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beta-testers-needed-at-siegecraft-gamplan-and-wms-system-3-9/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.