6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by HOOKED
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I'd be curious to hear what everyone thinks are the best and worst of the recent Stern titles, say... last 7 or 8 years.

Rather than impose a number of machines to rank, just list out the ones that come to mind. I'm thinking entire package... playability, art, code... you know, the whole package.

I have a ST Pro (only machine) and I think I got lucky with this choice.

I really liked AC/DC a lot (and I'm not a fan of the music) and GoT holds my interest.

I don't like Metallica and GB irritates the crap out of me and I ended up not buying one to my great disappointment.

#2 6 years ago

There have been many fantastic titles by Stern the past several years. We currently have TWD & Mustang & they are both entertaining & great machines w/ creative deep rules. I have played the majority of the latest releases & the only machine that didn't capture my pinball interest was GB. With this titles repetitious rule set & EM ginormous flipper gap ~ this machine just didn't deliver. GB only lasted one month in our line up & was traded very quickly for TWD. On a positive note, GB is one of the most visually stunning machines. But as most, I prefer excellent gameplay above all. We will be acquiring ST within the next several weeks & are looking very forward to this new addition. I am a huge fan of Stern & I hope they keep delivering top of the line, A-1 machines.

#3 6 years ago

ST Premium
    GB Premium
    Met Premium

#4 6 years ago

A few of them it all my check marks on "keeper games"
    List based on as it came out of the box form un mod'd.
    ACDC Prem - great all around package and rules deep enough to keep me interested even to this day- bought few months after release used.
    Metallica Pro - one of the best bang for buck machines out there that keeps kicking my butt - bought NIB
    TWD Prem - for what you get its an amazing machine - many codes later its a jewel in Sterns crown - bought Pro NIB and upgraded to Prem NIB.

Games that are great once mod'd
    Tron- Lighted ramps, LED inserts and mods and this is a great player and looker.
    Iron man- Just needed more eye candy and this would have been in the top slots. Mod'd out great package.

Games not compete yet but show promise.
    GB Prem - Looking forward to code update which could take to the next level -purchased NIB
    SW Prem - 1.0 was a great step forward -Purchased NIB.

Honorable mention:
    Mustang- great use of a subject with wide open designer interpretation of game options. Closest thing to a non licensed Stern theme we will see.
    Sure its a Ford mustang but there wasn't a script to follow or be restricted by. Just look at the modes, well thought out story line - bought Pro upgraded to LE NIB.

Worst of the last 8 years - WWE game play wise, looks theme tie in is great.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bests-and-busts-of-recent-sterns-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.