Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by videorob
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4-1 UV.jpg
    IMG_0888.JPG
    20140615_165216.jpg
    20140615_165232.jpg
    image.jpg
    CoinTaker.JPG
    Batgirl_05.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

What about Titan? At $0.38 their frosted LEDs are the cheapest I have seen of any vendor and to me look the best from the photos. Plus bulk discounts make them even cheaper. Also, they are as tall as incandescents.

image.jpg 8 KB

I bought some warm white, frosted, bayonet from titan with the idea of reducing the electrical load by doing backglass bulbs with LEDs. The warm white ones all worked 100/100 i tried. There was some inconsistency in the warm/coolness of the LED, but behind a BG it is not noticeable. Not sure if the inconsistency was from the frosted cap or the LED itself. I am satisfied and the price is right, I think 29 cents at 100+.

I got some other colors from titan to play with, i dont have many other manufacturers LEDs around to compare too though.

as far as cheapest.
    http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=pinball+led

I am going to get some samples. With some creative emailing to the china alibaba suppliers, you may just get them to tell you who they supply bulbs for. We'll see how it works out, im not holding breath, but since i might buy a bunch, it may be worth my time.

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Won't this Titan bullet shape concentrate the light into a tight focused circle, as opposed to dispersing the light! Fine for "spot" light application but not for 360 degree light throw.

titan warm frosted bayonet.

20140615_165216.jpg20140615_165216.jpg
    20140615_165232.jpg20140615_165232.jpg

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have been buying directly from china in smaller quantities for a little over a year. I feel like the local led drug dealer because in am always bringing bags of LEDs to local league nights and tournaments. If you are good with the limited selection of colors and style, its going to be tough to beat these prices- http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=84

I think i found that same supplier on Alibaba. We'll see how the samples work out.

#53 9 years ago

Crash asks about Titan LEDs then thumbs down my post about them. Hrmm

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Good luck! My contact's name is David Hu, and having internet conversations is quite entertaining. He is a very nice guy though, and that is all I can ask (besides having nice prices and nice bulbs, LOL)....

Thanks Ralph! I am not working with david, but from the pics i received they look like the same manufacturer as a bunch of LED resellers. I am dealing with few reps from China via alibaba to source out cheap header pins and what not. There is one, Janny, who i am flirting with hard hahaha. I think she wants some western, or just buttering me up so i make super terrific big time purchase!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bestcheapest-place-to-buy-led-bulbs?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.