Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by videorob
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4-1 UV.jpg
    IMG_0888.JPG
    20140615_165216.jpg
    20140615_165232.jpg
    image.jpg
    CoinTaker.JPG
    Batgirl_05.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheDarkKnight68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

I was "born and raised" a Cointaker boy, and they are absolutely amazing. With that said, I recently had to order from a competitor because I wanted to overnight the bulbs (CT doesn't have options for shipping on the online ordering, you have to call I believe and it was a Sunday) so I ordered from Comet. Ordered from them based on price and reviews I recalled on here. I'm pretty old school- service is king to me and I am loyal as a pit bull. One shot, and Comet nabbed me. Art is friggin' amazing. Price is just the icing on the cake- .50 a bulb less in many cases (or 50 bucks per 100 - adds up). I have always been with CT due to the service, selection, familiarity and QUALITY of the product. Never cared that others might be cheaper, that's important, but not even top 5 in most of our "reasons for loyalty", I would guess. Anyway, ordered a good bit from Art- saved a TON and loved the quality of the bulb. Was able to change my order to overnight online (ease), and package arrived next day... WOW, neat, organized, sorted, labeled top quality bulbs. Immediately side by side tested a few colored, non-ghosting preemos on my id4- they are exactly the same brightness and effect as bulbs from other company if not better. At .50 cheaper a bulb, hmmm... Holy crap, what's this?? To my surprise, still in the shipping box, I have no less than 8 styles (a 555 and a 44 of each sample type or equivalent if different bulb type)- freeeeee saaammmmples!!! Who doesn't love free samples???? Seriously, who doesn't get just a little giddy when they get an unexpected treat?? Anyway, not just because of the "me me me" aspect of the free stuff, I think samples are ingenious. Especially in pinball- I NEVER order any latest, greatest bulbs until I have seen them in person (so I can decide what uses they suit me for). Art sent me samples of stuff I had seen on his site, but wouldn't order because I hadn't seen them in person yet (i.e. optimus max or quasars etc) was very curious about- love when new styles of lights come out. Now I can see them in person and I will start "working them in" on my next order. Ingenious and underutilized strategy in today's retail market. Anyway, I am a Comet man now, based on service, availability, reliability, familiarity AND now price!!! And that shall be my recommendation from here forward! One random chance, and he made it count- spanked one outta the park and stole me from my preferred vendor. Comet rocks, thanks Art!!

Batgirl_05.jpgBatgirl_05.jpg

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from wolfy:

I used to buy cointaker and they are very good to work with but then came Comet. Art is great to work with and has the best prices on brighter bulbs and his selection is huge. Art is always adding to his line and ships Fast. I get my bulbs in 2 days and always have an extra sample of new bulbs. I will only order from Comet in the future.I have also ordered from pinball life and pinball bulbs and they are pretty good. I only see these big specials since Comet came on the scene. Where were these specials before Comets low pricing right out of the gate ?

I agree... And I wasn't gonna say it, but what the hell... My go to bulb is the premium non-ghosting 2 smd led bulb... Comet has the EXACT same bulb as CT ... .60 cheaper PER BULB.... and that's before bulk discount... CT=1.59, Comet=- .99... EXACT same bulb- I waited until I tested it to say anything... and yes, I am a very loyal guy too- never thought Id leave CT, and it makes me feel bad to jump ship on CT now, but yeah.... 60 bucks more for every 100 bulbs from CT- I don't feel so bad now.... Ive been severely overpaying for years... Ive bought 1000's of bulbs (600 bucks MORE per 1000 bulbs)... I actually kinda feel taken advantage of now... And a week ago, they were the led gods to me... Things change.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheDarkKnight68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bestcheapest-place-to-buy-led-bulbs?tu=TheDarkKnight68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.