Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by videorob
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4-1 UV.jpg
    IMG_0888.JPG
    20140615_165216.jpg
    20140615_165232.jpg
    image.jpg
    CoinTaker.JPG
    Batgirl_05.jpg
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Damn, that looks nice! I hope mine finishes up that well!

I'll try and get you that translite next week!

#52 9 years ago

Directly from China. Thats where they are all from anyway. Of course, you do not know who your dealing with. Pinball life/ Coin taker is where I normally buy mine.

#53 9 years ago

Crash asks about Titan LEDs then thumbs down my post about them. Hrmm

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

I think i found that same supplier on Alibaba. We'll see how the samples work out.

Good luck! My contact's name is David Hu, and having internet conversations is quite entertaining. He is a very nice guy though, and that is all I can ask (besides having nice prices and nice bulbs, LOL)....

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Good luck! My contact's name is David Hu, and having internet conversations is quite entertaining. He is a very nice guy though, and that is all I can ask (besides having nice prices and nice bulbs, LOL)....

Thanks Ralph! I am not working with david, but from the pics i received they look like the same manufacturer as a bunch of LED resellers. I am dealing with few reps from China via alibaba to source out cheap header pins and what not. There is one, Janny, who i am flirting with hard hahaha. I think she wants some western, or just buttering me up so i make super terrific big time purchase!

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

I think she wants some western,

lol

#57 9 years ago

I use Comet solely now. Art and his product are great!

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from BestShot31:

Did the PinballBulbs SM kit come with the undercab LED strip lighting too?

Yes and extra spot lights also

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Yeah I don't get it either. Why the thumbs down? The bulbs lit the translite nicely -- no spot focused lighting like I've seen from other LEDs.

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Whoa what the...? Had no idea I did that, meant to give it a thumbs up. I do most of my Pinside surfing on my tiny iPhone which is hard to control. Nice photo, they look good.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

I was "born and raised" a Cointaker boy, and they are absolutely amazing. With that said, I recently had to order from a competitor because I wanted to overnight the bulbs (CT doesn't have options for shipping on the online ordering, you have to call I believe and it was a Sunday) so I ordered from Comet. Ordered from them based on price and reviews I recalled on here. I'm pretty old school- service is king to me and I am loyal as a pit bull. One shot, and Comet nabbed me. Art is friggin' amazing. Price is just the icing on the cake- .50 a bulb less in many cases (or 50 bucks per 100 - adds up). I have always been with CT due to the service, selection, familiarity and QUALITY of the product. Never cared that others might be cheaper, that's important, but not even top 5 in most of our "reasons for loyalty", I would guess. Anyway, ordered a good bit from Art- saved a TON and loved the quality of the bulb. Was able to change my order to overnight online (ease), and package arrived next day... WOW, neat, organized, sorted, labeled top quality bulbs. Immediately side by side tested a few colored, non-ghosting preemos on my id4- they are exactly the same brightness and effect as bulbs from other company if not better. At .50 cheaper a bulb, hmmm... Holy crap, what's this?? To my surprise, still in the shipping box, I have no less than 8 styles (a 555 and a 44 of each sample type or equivalent if different bulb type)- freeeeee saaammmmples!!! Who doesn't love free samples???? Seriously, who doesn't get just a little giddy when they get an unexpected treat?? Anyway, not just because of the "me me me" aspect of the free stuff, I think samples are ingenious. Especially in pinball- I NEVER order any latest, greatest bulbs until I have seen them in person (so I can decide what uses they suit me for). Art sent me samples of stuff I had seen on his site, but wouldn't order because I hadn't seen them in person yet (i.e. optimus max or quasars etc) was very curious about- love when new styles of lights come out. Now I can see them in person and I will start "working them in" on my next order. Ingenious and underutilized strategy in today's retail market. Anyway, I am a Comet man now, based on service, availability, reliability, familiarity AND now price!!! And that shall be my recommendation from here forward! One random chance, and he made it count- spanked one outta the park and stole me from my preferred vendor. Comet rocks, thanks Art!!

Batgirl_05.jpg 46 KB

Overnight shipping is now on our website and available for US only.

#62 9 years ago

Comet is the way to go!

Art does it all: 1) superb selection of quality LEDs (including the only supplier in the U.S. of the NoFlix Plus type of bulbs) 2) best overall prices 3) superb customer service, including fast shipping 4) he is always experimenting and researching the next best LED product

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Comet is the way to go!
    4) he is always experimenting and researching the next best LED product

#4 is the most important to me.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

What are peoples feelings on pinballlife.com?

i've bought bulbs from them a few times. the best thing is that you can get some with other pinball parts, which is nice. they also have pretty good prices. only problem is seems like they are out of some really basic stuff sometimes, so you have to wait. some folks complain the frosted bulbs are too dim, but they are a good option if you want to avoid blinding LED syndrome.

i need to make an order through coin taker soon since i need to get cool white 545 flashers for my TZ and that's the best place i've found them.

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

#4 is the most important to me.

And worth supporting!

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

I agree... And I wasn't gonna say it, but what the hell... My go to bulb is the premium non-ghosting 2 smd led bulb... Comet has the EXACT same bulb as CT ... .60 cheaper PER BULB.... and that's before bulk discount... CT=1.59, Comet=- .99... EXACT same bulb- I waited until I tested it to say anything... and yes, I am a very loyal guy too- never thought Id leave CT, and it makes me feel bad to jump ship on CT now, but yeah.... 60 bucks more for every 100 bulbs from CT- I don't feel so bad now.... Ive been severely overpaying for years... Ive bought 1000's of bulbs (600 bucks MORE per 1000 bulbs)... I actually kinda feel taken advantage of now... And a week ago, they were the led gods to me... Things change.

Man, exactly how I feel. Loyal CT customer for a long time...but Art returned my email with a phone call right away and left a nice message. I was too busy today to place an order but he clearly wants my business, has lower prices, same product as CT and I just received my latest CT order today which means it took about a week...just too long for me. Art will have my order tomorrow! Based on all the kudos regarding his product I have no doubt we will be pleased. Thanks to the poster who started this thread! Goes to show...you have to check the vendors you are loyal to from time to time.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

I used 99.8% Comet lighting in my Shadow,

Looks Great!!

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball4life:

Man, exactly how I feel. Loyal CT customer for a long time...but Art returned my email with a phone call right away and left a nice message. I was too busy today to place an order but he clearly wants my business, has lower prices, same product as CT and I just received my latest CT order today which means it took about a week...just too long for me. Art will have my order tomorrow! Based on all the kudos regarding his product I have no doubt we will be pleased. Thanks to the poster who started this thread! Goes to show...you have to check the vendors you are loyal to from time to time.

Yep, CoinTaker lost my business a long time ago considering they do not keep customer information private, and then refuse to apologize for leaking it. Freaking insane!

#69 9 years ago

just saw this, which is another great reason to go with comet pinball. pretty much tells you how each style works so you have a much better idea than just guessing and having to keep reordering bulbs to get the look you want.
    http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1825.htm

#70 9 years ago

I just got my first order from Comet this week. I've been a Cointaker and Ablaze fan for a long time and they all make good LEDs. My first impression is Comet's low-end product is "ok" - nothing to write home about - I think their warm white bulbs are very warm - closest to incandescents, but their higher end LEDs that are in the .95 ea range are stellar, and the best LEDs I've come across in a long time.. I wish those LEDs were in the 0.50 range - I'd be buying them all day and night... really smooth without any noticeable ghosting even on old EM games.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

their higher end LEDs that are in the .95 ea range are stellar, and the best LEDs I've come across in a long time.. I wish those LEDs were in the 0.50 range - I'd be buying them all day and night... really smooth without any noticeable ghosting even on old EM games.

Can you tell us specifically which ones you used in EM games with good results?

2 months later
    #73 9 years ago

Just sent a large (for me anyway) order to Art at Comet....(Over 600 bulbs and some strips). He had everything I wanted except for the UV bayonet led's. They seem to be hard to get? I did get the wedge based but bayonet are still a no go for 3 months now...

Any info is appreciated on how to obtain them.

#74 9 years ago

Thanks for the order!

They are in stock in a 5 SMD, and singles, but still out of stock in a 5 Superflux Based product, for still a bit more.
    (tough to get at the right price, but they should return)
    I am unaware of anyone else carrying this.....perhaps some one has bought some in the past, that isnt using them to help?

4-1 UV.jpg4-1 UV.jpg
    #75 9 years ago

Hey Art,

I did click on the singles but the superflex kept popping up instead of the single bayonet? Just checked again....I click on the ones for .99 and I get the 1.19 out of stock.

Maybe a glitch in the site?

EDIT: 1SMDUVFLEX seems to show in stock? But Singles show the same bulbs as out of stock. I don't need the flex, just need a few UV bayonet preferably with a frosted lens if they are available

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bestcheapest-place-to-buy-led-bulbs/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.