(Topic ID: 137195)

Best Zen Studios or Pinball FX Game

By AlexSMendes

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    sorcerers-lair-4.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I still think it's Sorcerer's Lair, followed by all 7 SW games.... That being said, I kinda enjoy The Walking Dead and South Park, don't like much the Marvel games, and absolutely hate the soccer games...

And you, what's your thoughts?

sorcerers-lair-4.jpgsorcerers-lair-4.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Star Wars rebels. It has fantastic flow and the rule set is very easy since it's easy to start modes. The ball times aren't super long either.

Sorcerers lair is one of my favorites also but ball times are very long.

#3 8 years ago

The cartman table is one of my favorites. I also like SW rebels as well. Portal is also pretty good

#5 8 years ago

I'd have to agree that all the star wars tables are awesome, but I also enjoyed the soccer table, even if it does get repetitive.

That being said, I haven't been playing nearly as much since getting real pins.

Edit: Just opened up steam to check how long it's been since I played, and it's been about 3 weeks. However, I have logged 273 hours total which seems like a lot...

#6 8 years ago

Fear itself

#7 8 years ago

Thats my second favorite

#8 8 years ago

Iron Man. The wizard mode is near impossible. Spent over 5 months and finally completed it. After that all the other tables felt easy by comparison.

Also really liked Thor.

#9 8 years ago

Darth Vader and Return of Jedi, but I love Moonnight too, really all them are fun.

#10 8 years ago

I play Epic Quest more than the others.

#11 8 years ago

I tended to lean toward the original themes when I played it like Sorcerer's Lair, Biolab, and Secrets of the Deep but I did enjoy the humor of Deadpool.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I still think it's Sorcerer's Lair, followed by all 7 SW games.... That being said, I kinda enjoy The Walking Dead and South Park, don't like much the Marvel games, and absolutely hate the soccer games...
    And you, what's your thoughts?
    sorcerers-lair-4.jpg

Sorcerers Lair for me too. Love it. Would absolutely buy a real one if ever made. That said if it could be played in a virtual cab I'd settle for that. Anyone know if possible?

#13 8 years ago

My faves were the original ones, like Eldorado, Shamen, SFII, they are more like real tables, I'm not a fan of the fantasy type newer tables....

#14 8 years ago

Virtual pin with Zen games.... It must be awesome to play these games traditional style!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zen+virtual+pinball

#15 8 years ago

Plants VS Zombies
    *when you disable the auto-cam

#16 8 years ago

I have not played them all but I would rank the same as the op. SL is really good. And I like many of the Star Wars tables. If you have not already downloaded timeshock in ios that is a must have, by far the most realistic video pinball game.

#17 8 years ago

The two favorite tables of mine in the game are Portal and Ant-Man. The former for its amazing integration of theme, and the second for being a game with decent rule depth and amazing flow.

I enjoyed Venom and Han Solo for a while, but after playing them a ton, they kind of worn out on me.

#18 8 years ago

Sorcerer's Lair is my favorite and I own all of them. I don't care for the eternal ball times, but I think it is the best meld of layout, rules and theme. I would love to see a real table based on it.

1 month later
    #19 8 years ago

Any thoughts about Zen Studios "Balls of Glory"?

Well, I can say that, after playing all 4 demos, I won't be purchasing any game.....

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Any thoughts about Zen Studios "Balls of Glory"?
    Well, I can say that, after playing all 4 demos, I won't be purchasing any game.....

Played it. It's a fun pack, once you get used to the tables. I've enjoyed Family Guy the most, very casual table, but if you're looking for a classic and complex pinball experience, American Dad and Archer are good for that. Bob's Burgers is pretty much TSPP if it didn't have as much depth

#21 8 years ago

Vader, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, TWD, really all the StarWars tables are great. Time for a Star Trek seriers in my opinion, might be the only way to get a dedicated Wrath of Khan pin. I love Socereres Lair and Deep Sea, Wolverine and Venom are fun.

#22 8 years ago

South Park is my favorite!

#23 8 years ago

Anyone play Archer or American Dad?

#24 8 years ago

I bought Archer.
    Initial impressions are that it sucks.
    Need more time on it maybe.
    Or it sucks.

#25 8 years ago

10 dollars for the whole pack what the heck,I love what they do and am always excited to get new games,fg is my favorite of this bunch

8 months later
    #27 7 years ago

Oopppsss... double.

#28 7 years ago

Really really enjoy the new Aliens game. Very well done. Also, out of the Star Wars tables, Empire Strikes Back, Darth Vader and Masters of the Force are great.

#29 7 years ago

Other than Sorcerer's Lair, I like the Butters table, Family Guy, Fear Itself, SW: Rebels, and Thor.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Anyone play Archer or American Dad?

The Archer one sucks...American Dad is pretty good.

4 months later
    #31 7 years ago

The new Bethesda games are incrediblel.... DOOM kicks some serious butt!!!!

#32 7 years ago

Pasha is a great table.

For theme I love Tesla.

#33 7 years ago

I like the plants vs Zombie and Deadpool the most, A few of the starwarz tables are fun too. I prefer pinball arcade more. I think the Zen tables lack sound feedback. They really need deeper audio that includes more stingers. I hate the 'thud'thud'thud' of the ball against table parts without a stinger to suggest some activity.

I play both and like what FX does to try things that aren't possible on an actual physical machine and enjoy the animations, but some can be distracting.

8 months later
    3 months later
    #36 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#37 6 years ago

Full collection!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

3 months later
    #38 6 years ago

#39 6 years ago

- Splosion Man
    - Plants vs Zombies
    - Super League Football

All gone in pinballFX3, as far as I can tell.

1 week later
    #40 6 years ago

Dead Flip : Pinball Streaming takes you to Ahch-To Island at 3 PM PDT / 6 PM EDT! Tune in to see the very first gameplay of our #TheLastJedi pack, coming April 17 to Pinball FX3! https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

5 months later
    #41 5 years ago

Sorcerer's Lair and Plants Vs. Zombies are family favorites for us. Infinity War, Spider-man, Ant-man, Guardians, Skyrim, SW Starfighter, SW Episode V, Earth Defense, and Castlestorm are well liked too. I am not impressed with ET and SW The Last Jedi of the recent releases, but Jaws is sharp and Son of Zeus is enjoyable.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-zen-studios-or-pinball-fx-game?hl=bkbirge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.