Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RGR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

What games are out in 2012 besides AC/DC and X Men? Am I missing something, or is everyone just assuming that other games will be out as well before the year is up? Thanks

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

What games are out in 2012 besides AC/DC and X Men? Am I missing something, or is everyone just assuming that other games will be out as well before the year is up? Thanks

I think the assumption is that WOZ and Predator will hit yet this year. At least that's how I qualified my post. AC/DC, X-Men, WOZ, and Predator would make for a very compelling year. Lots of innovation and possible "game changing". Two games that very well could duke it out with Spiderman for the title of Stern's best game when all is said and done. One full blown new pinball manufacturer bringing innovation and a fully loaded title to the market. Plus Predator which would be the first to prove that a small hobbiest run start-up can successfully make a small run of what appears to be a very cool, pinhead pleasing game. That's nothing to sneeze at and pretty freaking exciting after the past couple of years when it looked like pinball had one foot in the grave and the other on a patch of ice!

Of course it will be interesting to see if they stand the test of time like that great '93 line-up has. And '93 takes it for sheer volume of great titles.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

only 2 I can count. Amazed by the kool aid parties the shiny happy people here have.

#54 11 years ago

93 followed closely by 81!

#55 11 years ago

1993 Such good pins from that year. 2012 has only two pins so far.

#56 11 years ago

In terms of machines released, I'd have to say '93. Some classic titles released that year that I just can't argue with. In terms of importance to the hobby of pinball overall I'd have to say 2012. Reason being if WOZ hits this year it will be the addition of a new major pinball manufacturer for the first time in decades. Stern has released two hit machines, and the hobby has seen a big influx of people. All really positive signs for the life of pinball.

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Reason being if WOZ hits this year it will be the addition of a new major pinball manufacturer for the first time in decades.

IF they release, and IF they make more than one game. Lot of ifs.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

IF they release, and IF they make more than one game. Lot of ifs.

I'm an optimist.

#59 11 years ago

2012! And not because of the pins released this year although ACDC and Xmen are both great games but I'm going with 2012 as its been the year we have seen the biggest resurgence of pinball in the last decade, considering how things where looking a year or two ago, 2012 has been a complete revival of sorts.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

". Two games that very well could duke it out with spiderman for the title of Stern's best game when all is said and done.

Correction. You mean duke it out with LOTR for Sterns best game. Last time I checked Spidey was #9 and LOTR was #5 on the Pinside 100.

#61 11 years ago

Cool topic / question! I'll go with 2012 and 1993 (like many).

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I agree that 1981 was the best year, but 93 was great too.

Adding to your list...
    Lightning
    Mars God of War
    Pharaoh
    Solar Fire
    Barracora
    Black Hole
    Elektra
    Catacomb

All great games, but unfortunately (with the exception of Electra and Black Hole) Were all machines I found each in only one arcade back when they were new. I had to drive 15 miles to a small arcade just to play Solar Fire, and found both MGoW and Catacombs out of state while on vacation.

#63 11 years ago

Easy: 1981 and 1993 but 2012 seem to be great year

#64 11 years ago

1993 was killer

#65 11 years ago

1981 was a year i will never forget.There were so much great titles coming out, it was hard to make a choice at times.it helped i was working in an arcade with all the great titles and staff was allowed to play for free all day long.I think i played the most hours by far in 1981.

#66 11 years ago

My vote would have to go to '93. Lots of great titles from B/W & DE, but my favorite manufacturer, Alvin G, also had their best year.

#67 11 years ago

Only odd-year pins are worthy of my collection!

#68 11 years ago

I'm a fan of 1989: Earthshaker, Black Knight 2000, Elvira and the Party Monsters.

Though 1990 ain't bad either: Funhouse, Rollergames, Whirlwind.

#69 11 years ago

1993 for sure.

#70 11 years ago

I agree that 2012 is on the verge of being a good year (remember WOZ has not been released yet). The list of games from 1993 had great new toys, innovations and ideas in them that make them the great games they still are today. Even if WoZ did come out tomorrow, still 1993 hands down!

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

1993 is the best year:
    Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
    BSD
    IJ
    JD
    JP
    LAH
    Punchy the Clown
    STTNG
    TFTC
    Teed off
    High Speed II
    TZ
    White Water

Unreal year for pinball. If I had gotten into half of those game that year,
    I would have saved for a pinball instead of a game system
    when I was cutting yards in the coming years.

#72 11 years ago

Even if WOZ is killer, and Predator somehow made it out this year too, 2012 would still pale compared to 93, it's not even a discussion. Never thought of 81 before, but that's a fantastic list of games also.

#73 11 years ago

1947 when flippers were introduced....

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-year-in-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.