Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RGR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

If you could have all the machines from one year, what would it be? Mine would be 1993, Teed off, TZ, STTNG, some great machines. How about you?

#2 11 years ago

1992 was a pretty good year.

#3 11 years ago

#4 11 years ago

#5 11 years ago

2012 & 1995

#6 11 years ago

1984 - the year Space Shuttle saved pinball.

#7 11 years ago

Easy one, 93!

#8 11 years ago

2012 I have the others =-) mostly

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

If you could have all the machines from one year, what would it be? Mine would be 1993, Teed off, TZ, STTNG, some great machines. How about you?

Teed Off? Not IJ, White Water, BSD and JP?

#10 11 years ago

93 for sure

#11 11 years ago

My 1st thought as well. I'd pick 93' too, but gimme a W/B

#12 11 years ago

Bally rocked;
    Centaur
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Embtyon
    Fathom
    Flash gordon
    Medusa

#13 11 years ago

1980!

#14 11 years ago

#16 11 years ago

93, because OPs games but he forgot about data east. TFTC, JP, LAH, Tommy

#17 11 years ago

I agree that 1981 was the best year, but 93 was great too.

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Bally rocked;
    Centaur
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Embtyon
    Fathom
    Flash gordon
    Medusa

Adding to your list...
    Lightning
    Mars God of War
    Pharaoh
    Solar Fire
    Barracora
    Black Hole
    Elektra
    Catacomb

#19 11 years ago

Another vote for 93, although most of my games are from 94

#21 11 years ago

For me, in the day, 1992 by far. No other game had such an impact in pinball or the market as TAF. If you didn't play back then, you can't imagine what this machine did. For years after, people would pass up everything else to play it over and over, me being one. Other great games as well that year.

When you look at it on paper, and I was only 7 at the time so I can't attest to it personally, but 1981 based on Bally alone would have to win, given the classic after classic that was cranked out.

#22 11 years ago

1993 by a long shot.

#23 11 years ago

1992 which seems to be the dominate year in which the games I have were released.

However 2012 has been amazing for pinball. Seems like the reassurance of the hobby came to its peak this year with all the new Sterns, the (hopefully) release of Jersey Jack’s WOZ, and seeing the strides with digital releases from Farsight’s Pinball Arcade (especially with the success of the TZ license).

#24 11 years ago

I agree this year has been fantastic, if the woz gets squeezed in it might be the best ever. I cancelled my WOZ to get X-man & ACDC and I could not be happier right now. Maybe if the game comes out and i love it I'll just get another one. 2012 has been a blast as a collector and player.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

1992 which seems to be the dominate year in which the games I have were released.
    However 2012 has been amazing for pinball. Seems like the reassurance of the hobby came to its peak this year with all the new Sterns, the (hopefully) release of Jersey Jack’s WOZ, and seeing the strides with digital releases from Farsight’s Pinball Arcade (especially with the success of the TZ license).

Don't forget Predator!!!

#27 11 years ago

In 1993 I was in law school in Tulsa, Ok. It would be 18 years until I played a real pinball machine. If there were any pins around Tulsa back then I was oblivious. I am going to go with 2012. My top two pins were made this year.

EDIT : HEY OP , add a poll with 1993 and 2012 as options, looks like those would fit along with some other options.

#29 11 years ago

Oooh, 97 had a one-two punch of CV and MM. I'd also nominate 92 with CFTBL and TAF.

I'd for sure go 97. That's a heck of a duo.

Post edited by RDReynolds

#30 11 years ago

I'm not sure its fair to list 2012 with Predator, WOZ, and other that haven't been released yet. In fact they may not until 2013. So really what do you have for 2012? AC/DC and X-men with incomplete code. I would argue that 2013 could be the best year but, we will see.

#31 11 years ago

Hmm 97, but 2012 is looking good, now if only WOZ gets it's (*_) out by the end of the year,
    this will be Fantastic.

#32 11 years ago

I'd probably lean towards 2012 right now, as weird as that is to say. Especially if WOZ and Predator hit this year (probably too much to hope for BHZA or MG added to that).

If we aren't banking on WOZ and Pred this year, then I'd probably jump on the '93 bandwagon. Hard to argue with that great line up of B/W and DE games, plus throwing in a few oddballs like the Alvin G stuff. If we are dreaming big, can I get a Mad too??? Pretty please?

Then again 1996 would be the way to go for profit. BBB and KP may have been super low production, but they were technically produced!

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

So really what do you have for 2012? AC/DC and X-men

My two top pins so far . LOTR and MB will arrive this year though, and maybe WH2O . Be interesting to see if those are more fun. If so I will adjust ratings accordingly for sure.

#35 11 years ago

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I agree that 1981 was the best year, but 93 was great too.

Adding to your list...
    Lightning
    Mars God of War
    Pharaoh
    Solar Fire
    Barracora
    Black Hole
    Elektra
    Catacomb

Unfortunately I have never played half of those games

#37 11 years ago

The year 2000 is obviously the best.

Pinball 2000; Black Knight 2000; my top score on IM.

#38 11 years ago

Have to go with 1992: TAF, SW, CFTBL. 1993 is pretty close too thanks to the 1-2 punch of TZ and JP.

#40 11 years ago

1993 and 2003.

#41 11 years ago

2012-2013 with runner up 92-93

#42 11 years ago

2012 slim chance but we may see one or some of these Magic Girl, Predator and Captain Nemo yet

#44 11 years ago

1993 is the best year:

Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
    BSD
    IJ
    JD
    JP
    LAH
    Punchy the Clown
    STTNG
    TFTC
    Teed Off
    High Speed II
    TZ
    White Water

#45 11 years ago

I see what you did there!
    Hmmm. What feature would be relevant from 1947?

Tough to pick, but I'd say a toss-up between 1980 and 1981. All four major manufacturers put out some great games those years.

#46 11 years ago

2012...what a joke.

1993 line up is crazy...gotta go there.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

2012...what a joke.

Yes of course you are right Tron was made in 2011 no wait it was also made in 2012.
    Ok we were right 2012

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlooking:

Yes of course you are right Tron was made in 2011 no wait it was also made in 2012.
    Ok we were right 2012

That doesn't count!

Best pinball year ever, for 2 machines(?) Amazing.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

2012...what a joke.
    1993 line up is crazy...gotta go there.

QFT

'93 another good year (and '92).

#50 11 years ago

93 for me, this is quite a list.

Quoted from tilt-master:

1993 is the best year:
    Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
    BSD
    IJ
    JD
    JP
    LAH
    Punchy the Clown
    STTNG
    TFTC
    Teed off
    High Speed II
    TZ
    White Water

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-year-in-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.