Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Picture_023.jpg
IMG_7956.JPG
IMG_7955.JPG
Picture_1.png
IMG_0826.jpg
#1 14 years ago

Figured I'd Start this post after I dove into my STTNG last night and found a terrible Hack but genius at the same time. I hate hacked bits and pieces but I have to give it to this guy for creativity - I don't think I would of found a solution so easily.

This is the drop down under the borg ship.

Im also assuming that switch isn't supposed to be bent up like that.
Im not sure how I missed that when I was going over the machine before, but it
is pretty clever - anyone missing the key to their house???

Anyone else find some crazy hacks?

IMG_0826.jpgIMG_0826.jpg

#2 14 years ago

I don't know what stock looks like but that looks bulletproof. I would probably leave it if it is working well.

#3 14 years ago

HAH I think im going to works perfectly from what I can tell

#4 14 years ago

As my technical skills on pins only goes so far I cannot comment on whether "the key" would be a sufficient hack. Yet I have to give the person credit for creativity!

#5 14 years ago

I think the key is better then stock - that keys not breaking anytime soon.

Picture_1.pngPicture_1.png

#6 14 years ago

As far as some hacks, a few years back, me and a friend went to go check out a Hayward guys' Whirlwind.

A train-wreck of an example. Not only did the "like new" game have water damage, and have the fan motor trashed.....the entire board was hacked. The batteries had leaked, were duck taped down, and the wiring looked like a bowl of spaghetti made by my GF (aka...a complete mess).

I wish I had taken pics, because we had the best laugh on our way home.

#7 14 years ago

That Key looks like it will last longer than the flimsy piece of metal on my ST TNG.LOL

#8 14 years ago

I'm kinda proud of my roulette wheel "hack" on my A-Go-Go. It's much more fun to be able to push the button and spin the wheel yourself instead of letting the machine determine the timing and release for you. I try to get the "Extra Ball + 200" black slot to stop near the top where the ball ends up a majority of the time but it's not easy as it spins super fast .. plus the ball only stops and drops at the top about half the time.

#9 14 years ago

I'm a locksmith, that being said...if that key does any kind of moving like the plunger does it's not going to last long. Keys are made from soft metal and break pretty easy. Nice try.

Edit: I take that back, after another look at that picture I now see what it's doing. As long as the key don't strike anything hard it looks like it will be good for JUST actuating the switch.

#10 14 years ago

Yeh the key doesn't strike anything the drop target just gets a ride up when pushed by the key. I have a feeling it wasnt the first time that guy had used that technique to fix a drop target.

#11 14 years ago

Here's a couple of good ones.

The first one is of my Cyclone ferris wheel return ramp. I did this with double sided tape to hold the plastic part of the ramp to the metal bracket that mounts it to the playfield because it broke off. It was broken when I bought the machine and it holds it together ok for now I guess since you can't buy an aftermarket ramp for that one. It works so I just left it.

The second one is of the Who Dunnit machine that I just bought. Since I am in construction this really pisses me off. The idiot that had it before me stripped EVERY SINGLE leg bolt thread on the mounting brackets on the inside and I had to put nuts on the inside to tighten the legs up when I brought it home. Yes, I have some new mounting brackets on the way.

IMG_7955.JPGIMG_7955.JPG IMG_7956.JPGIMG_7956.JPG

2 years later
#12 11 years ago

Ops,wrong post

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

General hack for G.I. from T2
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PuuJK.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah. I always LOVE seeing that on WPC.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from JBScar:

The second one is of the WHO dunnit machine that I just bought. Since I am in construction this really pisses me off. The idiot that had it before me stripped EVERY SINGLE leg bolt thread on the mounting brackets on the inside and I had to put nuts on the inside to tighten the legs up when I brought it home. Yes, I have some new mounting brackets on the way.

i just had to do the same on my JP , again, new brackets coming too....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-worst-hack-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.