(Topic ID: 2581)

Best Wizard Mode

By smassa

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ss_cows.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 13 years ago

The one with the most dramatic build-up for me is "Join the Cirquis" in Cirquis Voltaire. A true extravaganza, working through multi-tiered progress.

The hardest to get to, is a toss up between Lord of the Rings's "Valinor" or The Simpsons Pinball Party's "Super Secret Wizard Mode".

The wizard mode with the best audio & production values is "Monsters of Rock" in Monster Bash. They have an entire full-length song recorded just for this mode.

The wizard mode with the best lighting effects for me is "Power Down" in Johnny Mnemonic. Game lighting is effected by gameplay, during the wizard mode, as you try to feed power to the dying pinball machine.

The wizard mode with the best software integration is "Final Frontier" in Star Trek: The Next Generation. Artifact collecting during the normal game, in order to effect the wizard mode scoring is STILL an absolute genius idea; kudos to Dwight Sullivan and Steve Ritchie.

The easiest to understand wizard mode (for novices particulary) is probably the "Stiff-O-Meter" in Scared Stiff. Hit the lit shot, then hammer the crate.

The wizard mode that gives the player the biggest adrenaline rush; "Lost in the Zone" in Twilight Zone. Non-stop multiball on a timer! Pure madness! Jackpot explosion inspired by the same crazy-loud one from Addams Family. Lot of times, when you have friends on a TZ, you might hear "Ooooooooh sh*t, here it comes!!!" right before hell breaks loose.

The best reward for completing a wizard mode, I would have to go with "Battle for the Kingdom" in Medieval Madness.

King of Payne: "NOOOOO! You have destroyed my castles, but you will never destroy me!"
    Merlin: "Well done! You have freed the people, and brought joy upon the land. Congratulations! You are the new king!"
    People of the land: "Yeaaaaaaaaaa!" *cheering* (little farmers dancing & celebrating)

Great post!

Add AFM - the feeling being ruler of the universe

Not that I have done it.......yet!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-wizard-mode?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.