Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CUJO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Looking to buy some UV film for 4 windows that have blinds but the sun is so strong this time of year on that side of the house, some light still hits 4 of my pins. Look like none of them seem to offer complete privacy at night w/ lights on in house but that's not an issue.

I am considering this brand on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L2MPF6Z/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

Just asking for recommendations and what sort of pricing other pinsiders have spent, inc. ease of installation.

Also they seem to come in 4 different colors: Silver, Black-Silver, Blue and Tea. What color most of you like best?

I have (4) 32.5" X 37.5" and (4) 32.5" X 28.5" glass windows to cover (no fancy faked pane raised ribs ..thank goodness)

Thanks!
    CuJo

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from gameover1173:

Or you could put drapes in

No drapes bro!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from andre060:

+ 1. Our house has Milgard lifetime warranty windows - until you put on a window film, at which point the warranty is void.

Mine are single pane and original builder cheap crap from 2003.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

This is the stuff I bought at Home Depot.
    Gila 36 in. x 180 in. Titanium Heat Control Window Film.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gila-36-in-x-180-in-Titanium-Heat-Control-Window-Film-HRT361/100616385
    They have other films but they are not UV blocking films.

That's a pretty good value, better than the Amazon one I linked.
    Worth a good look. 15' and just wide enough . One rool should do my 4 windows, top and bottom.
    Thanks!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from gameover1173:

Your just now worried about it now after all these years

It only gets intense for about 3 weeks every year about this time. Every year by the time I decide to do something sun doesn't come in as strong anymore so this is the year Larry.

#12 5 years ago

The blinds I have do block a lot of the light and they are always closed. Sometimes I reverse the slats up from down and that helps but the games are never pounded by the sunlight directly. There may be silvers of light that shine on the playfield briefly ( 15 min a day) or the front of the cabinets as that is how they are positioned in the room. No sunlight ever gets to either side of the cabinet. Most interested in getting the room cooler and electric
    bill down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-window-uv-film?tu=cujo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.