• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN4677_(resized).JPG
DSCN4676_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Curious as to what others think are the best wedge heads produced.

#2 7 years ago

El Dorado comes to mind...

#3 7 years ago

My only two wedgeheads at the moment are Bank A Ball and Atlantis. I don't see them leaving anytime soon...

#4 7 years ago

I liked Play Ball. I've always liked slider targets.

#5 7 years ago

Abra ca dabra is my favorite

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

Second that.

#7 7 years ago

2001, Atlantis, abra, the list goes on and on. Really the golden age of pinball.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

third that.

#9 7 years ago

I prefer the AAB wedge heads with three inch flippers and drop targets that reset, but that is me, subject to change. Team One is the exception...Abra Ca Dabra all lifelong...
In addition, repro Abra Ca Dabra PFs are coming available, among others.

#10 7 years ago

Abra Ca Dabra for me too, but part of that is loving the look, although with gameplay.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from gosepin:

Curious as to what others think are the best wedge heads produced.

I have several good ones and I'm 90 minutes away. Why don't you stop in and try a few out?

#12 7 years ago

The best one is the first one IMO.

Flipper

You won't see that one come up for sale very often, I guarantee it.

#13 7 years ago

Besides my Big Daddy I can't think of another game that's been so anchored in it's place for so long and it's not going anywhere.

I even splurged for some new bumper caps recently.

DSCN4676_(resized).JPGDSCN4676_(resized).JPG

DSCN4677_(resized).JPGDSCN4677_(resized).JPG

#14 7 years ago

That's a beauty!

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

That's a beauty!

Yes it is! And when I got it off craigslist it was a good thing I knew the guy. I didn't realize it at the time but he answered the phone calling me by name so he remembered and said he would hold it for me. Good thing as I have not seen another for sale anywhere since. You won't find another on the craigsllst or e-bay thread.
This was it.

#16 7 years ago

Do you get 50 points for draining? Just curious

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Do you get 50 points for draining? Just curious

Yes you do. It's the bonus for a ball well played.. or not so well played. Flipper is not only the first wedgehead but also the very first add a ball game. And it has a great set of rules for doing that.

You pick a card and try to hit it again either thru the upper rollovers or center target to add a ball. Hitting a Joker when no card is lit will also give another ball. If a card is already lit the Joker cancels it out. It has a great geometry to the playfield as well. It is truly an all time classic.

The gobble holes have a little metal ring inside so the ball does a few circles and makes a neat sound before the ball goes out. It is just another added touch they did with this game.

#18 7 years ago

Jacks Open. So good they made a SS version later on.

#19 7 years ago

Of the ones I've owned Royal Guard, Majorettes and Pop-A-Card come to mind as the most fun to play.

#20 7 years ago

I just picked up two of my absolute favorites. Ice Revue and Central Park. Both are very challenging to get a special on, but very clear on how to do so.

#22 7 years ago

Any thoughts on Sure Shot?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-wedge-head-one-player-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.