6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

So, I repair games all the time, but I've never gotten too crazy into the cosmetic side when it comes to the playfield as I'm not much of an artist. However, I picked up a beautiful (red cab, yes RED) Indy-500 which is nice outside of needing a shop on the playfield and this small, pen sized annoying nick.

What would be the best, easiest way to go about touching this up properly and spot clearing? No, I don't want to take the whole playfield apart, I don't want to do anything crazy. If I can just make this 90% disappear to the naked eye and be preserved so it won't wear again, I'll be good with that.

Let me know your thoughts -- thanks!

nick (resized).jpgnick (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

You'll likely get a million opinions on this, but here's my method: Clean the spot thoroughly with naptha. Mix up a match with craft acrylics for the darker of the two pixellated colors and paint in the spot. Make sure to test by drying your color with a hair dryer on a piece of scrap that you can hold next to the spot to get the color very close. If you are satisfied with it, then no need to go further. If you want it to disappear more, then mix up the lighter color and dot it in with a needle, like you are making a tattoo. After you have matched the spot, make sure it is fully dry and then mask the area and lightly dust it over with some clear acrylic to seal it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

€ 17.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 37.50
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-touch-up-and-spot-clear-this-nick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.