7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

What's the best way to store CPR playfields so they don't bow/warp? I see folks with their playfields out of the boxes and stacked on a shelf with rubber spacers in between them but I haven't got room for a setup like that. They're staying in their boxes so they stay protected, should the boxes be laid flat on the floor under my pins, up on end and flat against the wall, or on their sides and flat against the wall?

#2 7 years ago

Flat. Never store them on their side. They can warp. Best if you can lay them flat with weight on them. Lay a blanket over the playfield then a heat of old glass for weight. Under your bed is a good location if you don't have space.

Thanks
    Dougram69

#3 7 years ago

The top playfield person in the business describes his storage process here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-bronze-what-to-expect#post-3377377

Spoiler alert- he keeps them vertical, on their sides so they don't warp.

#4 7 years ago

Flat/horizontal - 3
    Vertical - 2

I'm going to keep score and see what the concensus is. Please chime in if your pf has warped/bowed from storing it a certain way.

A little further research and I see where some owners bolt them to metal brackets to keep them straight during storage, would this be like the angle iron that I see at Home Depot / Lowes? Please post pix of this setup if you have them.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Flat/horizontal - 1
    Vertical - 1
    I'm going to keep score and see what the concensus is. Please chime in if your pf has warped/bowed from storing it a certain way.

I have a bunch vertical for many years. I would not have them flat unless I bolted to a wall or ceiling because I don't have room to just lay them around. And you can't stack them or put (ugh) weight on them since is would sink into the clear.

#6 7 years ago

Id install new oak rails and then put it back in the box. Should be good then no matter how you store them.

#7 7 years ago

If vertical, it can't be leaning or it will bow in the middle. Flat is fine as long as it's an actual flat surface, not just "mostly flat."

#8 7 years ago

Been in this hobby for a long time. Have stored them vertical or on the side and they warp for sure. Have had it happen. If you store them flat on a hard surface with a thick cotton towel in between with weight on the last one in the stack, it works perfect. No issue with clear. Glass is smooth flat. Won't cause sinking. I have a stack of nos play fields stored like this since 1999 and no issues what so ever. The one offs I had vertice or on the side warped in the middle. This is tried and true. Your milage may vary.

Thanks
    Dougram69

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-store-a-cpr-playfield?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.