Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jfh
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcadegarage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys,

Looking for the best way and company to ship games (and the least expensive with the best value of course). There is a game down south I wanted to have shipped up and I have access to pallets and a receiving dock. Called Pilot and they said that it's company policy not to ship pins and they are reluctant to take personal items unless it's for a business. My buddy got a quote from Pilot last year from Colorado to Philly no problem and it was $250.

I know NAVL is a recommended company. What is the consensus...best bang for your buck with experience and insurance offered?

Thanks for the help!

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the input...never heard of CEVA. I might even be shipping two games and some miscellaneous boxes so it would be an even bigger skid. I have access to a large receiving dock and could palletize it myself (very carefully). I also thought doing it myself would take the cost down a bit but maybe it's more of a liability that way for the shipper? I may have to do a 42x36 skid.

I wonder if these companies to business to terminal? Like to PHL airport we'll say? Never shipped a game before.

Also have to look into insurance. Anyone have experience with that?

#5 9 years ago

Great advice, thanks. I have access to all different size pallets. I figured since I had one pin and a bunched oersonal boxes that there would be wasted space on the pallet. So I figured, maybe I should buy another game to maximize space and get for what I'm paying for dim weight wise haha. Not sure if that's accurate or not but it's a reason to buy yet another game.

#6 9 years ago

Ok so here's the situation for shipping 2 machines w/ a few various smaller boxes on a pallet that is 70" long x 40" wide x 56" high weighing 500-600 lbs:

NAVL: $700 insured value of $10k
    FedEx Freight w/ company discount: $850 no insurance
    CEVA: $567 insurance details vague
    Pilot: will not ship pinballs
    Pinballs on the Move: no callback yet
    Coinopshippers.com: no callback yet

Any more suggestions? Seem like high prices from what you are paying. Thanks.

#8 9 years ago

And which carrier was that?

Keep in mind I'm not a business so I might not get your discount but these prices seem outrageous.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcadegarage.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-ship-games-within-the-us?tu=Arcadegarage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.