8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

asdf.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I have a large schematic for my EM. It is has some discoloration, tears, and is pretty fragile. I am hoping to preserve it by scanning it.

I am afraid to move it all around a flatbed scanner so I have tried taking pictures of sections and then matching them together, but it just is not coming out that well.

Anyone else found a good trick for getting a good .pdf of theirs?

#2 8 years ago

I know its not exactly what you are asking but I like Hard Copy. So, I just tape things back together and then go to Kinkos (FedEx Office) and run it through their rolling scanner and spit out another full sheet copy (or 2 or 3....). Usually costs around $5 each.

#3 8 years ago

You might have better luck gluing it to a large sheet of paper. That way you won't have shiny tape on the front side that might mess up the scanning. It depends on how bad the condition of it is.

#4 8 years ago

I didn't think about a "blueprint" type copy...duah! I would be ok with that type of scanner....I just don't want to put it down on a smaller flatbed and close the lid...I think it would just tear apart. Thanks!

#5 8 years ago

You guys are like geniuses lol. Sometimes the answer is starting you in the face....just called the Fedex office down the street and they have the setup to print and scan it.

#6 8 years ago

You can scan it with a large format scanner, or a portable Map scanner like the HP4600 that you lay on top of the paper.

Photoshop will merge all the scans together for you using the command called Photomerge.

Don't be surprised if you can buy a used HP4600 cheaper than you can get 2 pages scanned a Kinkos

asdf.jpgasdf.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-scan-a-schematic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.