• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image from iOS (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (1) (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I've got some wear around my scoops on my Jurassic Park I know cliffys are the best solution but they seem to be all out of stock and read mixed review for this on this game. I was wondering if it would be best to cover these in mylar or if there is a better solution to prevent further damage?

Image from iOS (1) (resized).jpgImage from iOS (1) (resized).jpgImage from iOS (resized).jpgImage from iOS (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Fix damage with wood putty and put in Cliffy.

#3 2 years ago

You need to fix the damage and then install a Cliffy. He's not out of stock. He's just so busy, that it's all made to order these days. About a few weeks is what I've experienced on my last couple orders. Other option is Mantis.

https://mantispinball.com/product-category/jurassic-park/

#4 2 years ago

+1 Cliffy rarely has stock, but if you put your order in, he will get them to you eventually. might take a few months, but he always follows through. Wood putty and cliffy will be the best and cleanest fix.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You need to fix the damage and then install a Cliffy. He's not out of stock. He's just so busy, that it's all made to order these days. About a few weeks is what I've experienced on my last couple orders. Other option is Mantis.
https://mantispinball.com/product-category/jurassic-park/

Mantis protectors are great if your scoop is already in good shape and you want to prevent wear from happening.

#6 2 years ago

Just contact Cliffy now and you'll have them soon enough. I just bought a set for my Corvette, I think he said hes about 3 weeks backed up right now. You'll get them eventually though and the sooner you order them the sooner you'll have them.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Fix damage with wood putty and put in Cliffy.

The correct answer

#8 2 years ago

When you guys say 'wood putty' I assume you mean epoxy wood putty like: https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/tools/supplies/finishing/wood-fillers/20057-quikwood-epoxy-putty

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Just contact Cliffy now and you'll have them soon enough. I just bought a set for my Corvette, I think he said hes about 3 weeks backed up right now. You'll get them eventually though and the sooner you order them the sooner you'll have them.

Took exactly 3 weeks from order to arrival for the ones I ordered at the beginning of Nov. He's got his workload timed well.

#10 2 years ago

Thanks for the advice all besides just searching the forums anyone have any good link or videos to share about repairing these?

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Thanks for the advice all besides just searching the forums anyone have any good link or videos to share about repairing these?

I don't know of a link, but This Old Pinball volume 4 shows this type of repair very well on 2 different playfields.

http://www.pinrepair.com/top/

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Took exactly 3 weeks from order to arrival for the ones I ordered at the beginning of Nov. He's got his workload timed well.

I can 100% back this up based on 2 orders I have placed over the past year. The only difference for me is that I am international in Canada so shipping via USPS has been slow at times but that is no fault of Cliffy. Both orders were shipped within the time frame quoted which I believe was about a 3-4 week backlog at the time.

#13 2 years ago

Just picked up some for my Monster Bash. He and his two Sons were really busy in his garage. He actually made the Cliffy as I waited. Really cool guy and cool set up.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration/page/10#post-1119649

#15 2 years ago

Cliff is the man! Have his stuff on all my games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-prevent-further-damage-?hl=gorditas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.