22 days ago

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 days ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

You've got a couple of great games there!
I'm doing a "Far Out" for the Olympia Pinball Museum right now. It's going to need a new coin door for sure.

Ah! That's it! I've had my next order spreadsheet sitting at around $40 for a few weeks - add a new coin door!

Although, now that I think about it, I'm going to ask Jimmy to bill me for the shipping anyway...

Added 5 days ago:

Got my order, next day - they're still on the ball!

#52 5 days ago

kenlayton I love Far Out! Doesn't get as much press as some of the more famous games, but I thought it was alot of fun the couple times I've gotten to play one. Have fun with the restore!

#53 5 days ago

On the Far Out, I connectorized the drop target units to make future service easier. It now has brand new drop targets too.

I ended up replacing every light socket under the playfield too. They had all fallen apart. I'm almost finished with the machine. Just have score reels to work on.

#54 5 days ago

Connectors on a drop target assembly - beautiful! Do you cut out that little piece of metal on the frame behind each target too, to make getting them in and out alot easier?

#55 5 days ago
Quoted from paulace:

Connectors on a drop target assembly - beautiful! Do you cut out that little piece of metal on the frame behind each target too, to make getting them in and out alot easier?

Yup I sure do. The Dremel cuts the slots quickly.

#56 5 days ago

Whoa.... there is an easier way to replace drops on a GTB. No cutting....painless. PM me if ya need to know....

#57 5 days ago
Quoted from Drain1:

Whoa.... there is an easier way to replace drops on a GTB. No cutting....painless. PM me if ya need to know....

You could add it to one of the existing threads, such as:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/educating-a-newbie-drop-target-replacement

#58 4 days ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Yup I sure do. The Dremel cuts the slots quickly.

What are you cutting out?

#59 4 days ago

I'm cutting out slots the same width as the drop target in the C-13414 Guide Plate. It allows for much easier changing of the drop targets. Just remove the back plate and the new targets just lay in there. Plus it's easier to hook the springs back on. Around 1979 Gottlieb had already modified the C-13414 guide plate with those slots on later assemblies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 189.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 23.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 26.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 19.00
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside