Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I am planning an order for rebuild kits for flippers, slingshots and bumpers for my Rack A Ball as well as a slew of other parts to freshen up my pin. What is the best way to communicate an order to PBR? I see an email address but I also have some questions to ask to make sure I am ordering the right switch or coil.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

#2 4 years ago

I just email Jimmy. He's always really helpful.

#3 4 years ago

I've always called

#4 4 years ago

I sent an email this morning but haven't heard back about anything yet. I just want to make sure I am ordering correctly and how to pay them. I'm used to online ordering with a shopping cart to keep up with what I need.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Slickfam99:

I am planning an order for rebuild kits for flippers, slingshots and bumpers for my Rack A Ball as well as a slew of other parts to freshen up my pin. What is the best way to communicate an order to PBR? I see an email address but I also have some questions to ask to make sure I am ordering the right switch or coil.
Any help would be appreciated.
Tim

Call, Jimmy is helpful. They will walk you through your first order and how to pay them.

#6 4 years ago

I like to talk directly with Steve. He has saved me many times from ordering the wrong parts especially if you tell him what game you are working on. Have your customer number handy and do you best to dig up as many PBR part numbers as possible. If you don't have the factory manuals (both game specific and general parts) this would be a good time to pick those up too.

#7 4 years ago

No reason not to call, especially if you have questions like I do with EVERY order. Steve teaches me something on every call.

#8 4 years ago

I have always just sent an email. They usually respond in a few hours. They are very fast very good at answering questions even though it seems their ordering process is antiquated. They are my favorite vendor for misc. items.

#9 4 years ago

Thanks all for the good advice. I will call and ask for help so I can get the correct parts. I've looked up a lot of them but when it comes to the electrical parts-I'm a newb! thanks again

I love this forum-very helpful.

Tim

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Slickfam99:

Thanks all for the good advice. I will call and ask for help so I can get the correct parts. I've looked up a lot of them but when it comes to the electrical parts-I'm a newb! thanks again

Did you see this page?
http://www.pbresource.com/how2ordr.html
"We ask that you don't mix communication methods within the same order/inquiry to avoid a possible duplicate shipment and eliminate duplicate work needing to be done here."

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I just email Jimmy. He's always really helpful.

Been dealing with Jimmy via e-mail exclusively for years, most of my orders take place before they are open or after they close. I'm not adverse to calling and talking to Steve, did so today as a matter of fact but the timing is usually not good.

#12 4 years ago

don't!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

No reason not to call,

Only problem with calling is getting thru. It's frequently busy. I always go the email route.

#14 4 years ago

I typically email. But most of the time I know exactly what parts I need and their part numbers.

On a few rare occasions, I've had a quick call about something specific if it saved a half dozen back-and-forth email messages.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Only problem with calling is getting thru. It's frequently busy. I always go the email route.

Ditto... I used to call orders in, but had to try a few times before I got through. I've emailed my last few orders and Jimmy has been great.

#16 4 years ago

He doesn’t have a shopping cart, and you pay after you get the parts. He uses “checks”.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I like to talk directly with Steve. He has saved me many times from ordering the wrong parts especially if you tell him what game you are working on. Have your customer number handy and do you best to dig up as many PBR part numbers as possible. If you don't have the factory manuals (both game specific and general parts) this would be a good time to pick those up too.

How do I get a customer number for PBR?

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Slickfam99:

How do I get a customer number for PBR?

Just think you gotta complete your first transaction and you get one.

#19 4 years ago

Don't call on Mondays.

#20 4 years ago

I was very intimidated after all the talk on how difficult Steve is.

I have only positive things to say excellent service and smooth delivery. And they have all the hard to find parts I need.

The first transaction was pain though. Money order is never used in Norway, so it was hard to find a place that could do it. Expensive as well.

With the new payment service now, everything is smooth.

#21 4 years ago

I always email. Sometimes it can take a day or two to get a response. If I have a parts question I'll call, talk to Steve, note down what I need, and submit the order via email with other parts.

#22 4 years ago

Call they will walk you through it all, it's really easy just old school business practices. I think Steve feels he gives customers better service and advice when asked for with his style of doing business....and he's right!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I like to talk directly with Steve. He has saved me many times from ordering the wrong parts especially if you tell him what game you are working on.

Right on

1 week later
#24 4 years ago

How's PBR doing these days? Anyone talk to Steve lately? Business as usual?

#25 4 years ago

I talked to him last Monday for my first order from him. Super great and knowledgeable. I see through USPS, package is scheduled for Monday delivery.

#26 4 years ago

I emailed an order yesterday and got a bounce back email announcing they are New York State non essential personnel and as such by edict can not go to work (for at least 2 weeks?) = not taking email orders at this time.

#27 4 years ago

Non essential ? I am guessing that they have never needed parts to get a game playable ....

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I emailed an order yesterday and got a bounce back email announcing they are New York State non essential personnel and as such by edict can not go to work (for at least 2 weeks?) = not taking email orders at this time.

I got that too. Hopefully, though, I can call and place an order? Or are they totally closed?

#29 4 years ago

Go ahead and try...

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Quoted from goldenboy232:

I got that too. Hopefully, though, I can call and place an order? Or are they totally closed?

The NY governor issued an order for all non-essential businesses to send all their workers home. Until that order changes, PBR will probably have to remain closed.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The NY governor issued an order for all non-essential businesses to send all their workers home. Until that order changes, PBR will probably have to remain closed.

Stinks -- but I get it. I need two 1.5" opaque red tent-style lane guides to finish up my Spin Out. Maybe I'll post in the parts thread....

#32 4 years ago

Stinks -- but I get it. I need two 1.5" opaque red tent-style lane guides to finish up my Spin Out. Maybe I'll post in the parts thread....

I had some new ones at one time in my stash, I'll look today.

#33 4 years ago

I have a single brand new one left over from Spirit of 76 EM, yours for cost of shipping.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have a single brand new one left over from Spirit of 76 EM, yours for cost of shipping.

I’ll take it! PM sent — thank you!

#35 4 years ago

I just CALLED a order in a hour ago. Steve answered as usual and took my order. As of now he is staying open, but is way understaffed. My suggestion is to call with your customer # and order with all parts #s ready.

#36 4 years ago

I emailed Jimmy today to see if he got my check and he got back with me.

#37 4 years ago

Do/did they have other onsite staff to pick and ship orders, or do Steve and Jimmy do it all?

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

Do/did they have other onsite staff to pick and ship orders, or do Steve and Jimmy do it all?

there are several pinsiders that work behind the scenes (I know of 2) at pbr. Occasionally I get a little love note in the package!

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from jsf24:

I just CALLED a order in a hour ago. Steve answered as usual and took my order. As of now he is staying open, but is way understaffed. My suggestion is to call with your customer # and order with all parts #s ready.

And dont allow Steve to talk your ear off Share the Steve!

#40 4 years ago

Jimmy emailed me back today from last week's email where I placed a small order. Thanks to the generosity of a couple of pinsiders, though, I am getting the lane guides I need and told Jimmy I didn't need the order after all. But it's good to know they are responding to email.

#41 4 years ago

I find it surprising they were staying home because manufacturing and shipping was exempt from the Governor’s order. I know because I’m involved with the industry and many non-essential companies that aren’t retail remain open. A lot of construction companies are getting around the order too, somehow.

#42 4 years ago

Do you have a part number for that?

#43 4 years ago

Got the email today with tracking number, should receive my order by Friday afternoon. Too bad I will be locked up with Physical inventory at work all weekend. Short staff but still working hard.

Thanks for all the great advice.

Tim

#44 4 years ago

I exchanged a couple emails with Steve over this past weekend after offering to do some sort of fund-raising thing to help get PBR through the enforced closure that was in the works. He didn't like that idea, saying he didn't want to depend on the pinball community in that way, but what would help would be if people ordered stuff from him.
Obviously, he has decided to try to stay open, albeit with reduced staff - so if you value what PBR and Steve do for the community, (and who here who's ever restored a Gottlieb doesn't?), and you've been meaning to place an order - this might be a good time to do it. I'm going to stock up on some spare parts that I'll use eventually.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

I exchanged a couple emails with Steve over this past weekend after offering to do some sort of fund-raising thing to help get PBR through the enforced closure that was in the works. He didn't like that idea, saying he didn't want to depend on the pinball community in that way, but what would help would be if people ordered stuff from him.
Obviously, he has decided to try to stay open, albeit with reduced staff - so if you value what PBR and Steve do for the community, (and who here who's ever restored a Gottlieb doesn't?), and you've been meaning to place an order - this might be a good time to do it. I'm going to stock up on some spare parts that I'll use eventually.

Great post and I did just that. I'm currently restoring a "Surfer" but just received on Monday my very large order from Steve for my future restore, "Card Whiz".

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

I'll get a Jacks Open order in to him this weekend -- plastics, rubbers, and a few odds and ends.

#47 4 years ago

Call and talk to Steve. It's a rite of passage in the pinball world.

Make sure when you call you don't have part numbers ready.

#48 4 years ago

Yea, he'll look them up for you no problem!

#49 4 years ago

All I can picture is Elaine on Seinfeld tapping her hands on the counter trying to figure out what kind of soup to get.

Hmm...should I go with the 44s or the 47s...

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Great post and I did just that. I'm currently restoring a "Surfer" but just received on Monday my very large order from Steve for my future restore, "Card Whiz".

You've got a couple of great games there!

I'm doing a "Far Out" for the Olympia Pinball Museum right now. It's going to need a new coin door for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-place-order-with-pbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.