Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mickthepin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rich-monopoly-man1.jpeg
    11786956-money-mail.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcclad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I am interested in buying a machine that I saw in the Marketplace that another pinsider is selling. The machine is on the west coast and I am on the east. What would be the best and safest way to pay for the machine?

#7 10 years ago

What about a postal money order? That should be easy enough for a seller to cash.

Quoted from thedarkknight77:I use paypal and "gift" the money to them. If you gift, you pay no fees. The only issue is you are essentially sending an electronic check which takes a few days to clear.

If I gift the payment, would I still be covered under paypal's buyer protection? What if the seller does not ship the machine? I have never bought before on this forum so I am just trying to make sure that I don't get shafted. Not that I suspect that the seller would do that, but almost 2k is a lot of money to lose.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Well I can vouch for you Roland. He bought my JD and is a vey honest buyer. We worked out a good deal arranging payment/delivery. Whoever is selling you a game should do so with no worries.
    -Jim

Thanks, I appreciate that. : )

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

With all due respect, why not ask the seller how they would like to be paid?
    Chris

I have to say that is a great idea.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Does anyone know what the maximum amount you can "gift" someone is?

I have no idea. I guess as much as your paypal limit is.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcclad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-pay-a-pinsider-for-machine?tu=mcclad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.