Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mickthepin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rich-monopoly-man1.jpeg
    11786956-money-mail.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sharon:

I think if you gifted something via PP and it didn't work out, if you had the email chain saying that the gift was in exchange for something, you would still be okay.

Absolutely not. When you send the money as a gift, you give up any type of buyer protection from PayPal. The whole reason people gift the money in the first place is to avoid the fees. You can't have your cake and eat it to. If you circumvent the PayPal fees, you are on your own if something goes awry with the transaction.

#17 10 years ago

Assuming you have access to a local branch of the seller's bank, you don't even need to do a wire transfer. You can simply deposit the cash straight into their account. It couldn't be easier.

#32 10 years ago

Does anyone know what the maximum amount you can "gift" someone is?

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I do not think there is a maximum, but will note that they have some sort of algorithm set up so that if you get too many 'gifts' or ones for too much $ or a combination of them then you can expect a phone call. I have had it happen. I suggest just telling them it is from friends paying you back for money they owe you and leave it at that. They will likely use the notes from the 'gift' payments to question you in more depth.

Good to know. So you probably shouldn't write something like "Here is the payment for the Spider Man pinball machine" in the notes then.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I usually gift payment for majority of mods I buy from other pinsiders, perhaps I trust my online peers too much on this wonderful website...

It's amazing how trusting we are in this hobby. I've sent money to lots of people that I have never met before in complete faith that they would deliver the goods. I haven't been burned yet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-pay-a-pinsider-for-machine?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.