(Topic ID: 314260)

Best way to offer Yoppsicle Spectrum (color) LEDs?

By dyopp21

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by algum123
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25C94397-2A59-48BA-9BDB-8D11FE432904 (resized).jpeg
    9A25AD59-586A-4622-ABDB-DFE0ABDD3E1D (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

I received a small batch of the forthcoming Yoppsicle Spectrum sticks for testing, and I've already sent some to Vid for him to put them through their paces as well. So, I'll be able to offer them in limited numbers shortly. I just ordered a larger batch today, but what I'm finding is that when dealing with different colored LED SMD, they run out of stock of this color or that, so some colors will be in and out of stock more often than the simple warm or cool white. Today I was unable to order additional yellow or orange, in fact.

The one thing I'm trying to work out is how to offer them. Breaking them apart to sell them as individual sticks is a pain, so I don't want to offer them as single sticks (just as I don't currently offer the warm and cool as single sticks), but at the same time I can't see anyone needing a panel of 50 of one color. So here is my suggestion as a compromise. I'm thinking I can break them down into strips of 10 and offer them on the marketplace in blocks of 10. So you'd be able to order 10 blue, 10 red, 20 yellow, etc.

And before someone asks if these will have the additional resistor to work with either the new LED lamp driver boards and also original Bally lamp driver boards, the answer is yes.

Thoughts?
    Yopp

PS. Thanks again to all of you who've ordered the original Omni sticks. It's been a real pleasure to serve the community!

#2 1 year ago

Sell them in 50, they will get used over time or people can share them. It’s the easiest for you and people will need more than they realize once they start converting their games. This quicksilver got your treatment this past weekend at PATZ!

25C94397-2A59-48BA-9BDB-8D11FE432904 (resized).jpeg25C94397-2A59-48BA-9BDB-8D11FE432904 (resized).jpeg9A25AD59-586A-4622-ABDB-DFE0ABDD3E1D (resized).jpeg9A25AD59-586A-4622-ABDB-DFE0ABDD3E1D (resized).jpeg
    #3 1 year ago

Tuffy; but 10 strips are probably the best way to go. The abomination of colored Yopps I don;t THINK will garner 50 sheet orders; but ya never know.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Tuffy; but 10 strips are probably the best way to go. The abomination of colored Yopps I don;t THINK will garner 50 sheet orders; but ya never know.

Where were you this past weekend?! Haha, some colors will do well.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"Abomination" HAHAHA! But I do have to admit using one of the cooler colored sticks under a cooler colored insert keeps it from getting washed out.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

Sell them in 50, they will get used over time or people can share them. It’s the easiest for you and people will need more than they realize once they start converting their games. This quicksilver got your treatment this past weekend at PATZ!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the suggestion Tommy! I know you just need some cool whiteness in your life.

#6 1 year ago

Love your stuff!

I know this is going to make you groan... but my experience with Marco has led me to suggest that you sell them individually.

Before you look away in horror, hear me out.

I need a part for a project. I'm going to do exactly one project that uses exactly one part. The project is worth a LOT of money to me, enough that the difference between spending a dollar for a part and $6.00 for a part just isn't what matters.

Being able to just buy one, and get it, and be done with the project with nothing left over is actually a valuable thing.

So Marco sells a screw. You can buy one for $.45, you can buy a box of a hundred for $2.00.

Having the ability to buy individually what I need sometimes trumps the economy of bulk purchases.

So, I recommend selling them individually at some ridiculous price, and discount to a more rational price when you don't have to break a board of 100.

You don't have to touch it? It's cheaper. You have to count out seven? It's expensive.

Expense is rapidly becoming a very relative term in this hobby. This Christmas we had 30 pinballs selling on Ebay for asking prices over $10,000. People in this hobby can afford to pay for some parts. Especially when your parts not only add value, they add reliability.

I'll be buying whatever way you decide to offer them... you have a GREAT product!

#7 1 year ago

I think 10 is your best bet, but 50 is not unreasonable. Maybe the price for 10 pcs is just a little higher vs the 50 piece. I'm sure the colors that go out of stock vary too but IMO orange and yellow are the 2 least needed colors.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Where were you this past weekend?! Haha, some colors will do well.

Snuck up on me and it came to quick (TWSS).

#9 1 year ago

10 to 20 range the best bet.

1 week later
    #10 1 year ago

minimum of 10 is perfect!

#11 1 year ago

10 works for me

#12 1 year ago

I agree with 10 being the minimum, but with a higher unit cost than if purchased in blocks of 50.

1 month later
    #13 1 year ago

Any update on when these will be available? I have a Bally Spectrum playfield swap in-flight that I would love to have benefit from these...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-offer-yoppsicle-spectrum-color-leds?hl=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.