New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 272627)

Best way to move pinball machines around a room

By RobbyIRL5

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 62 days ago by Canuck_pinhead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    s-l640 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

I apologize if this has been discussed, but what’s the best way to move pinball machines around a room. Been quite a challenge so far, just getting on my hands and knees and lifting up with my back and crawling to move it enough away from wall to where two people can lift. Thought about a few Dolly carts on wheels, and maybe thought I saw a car Jack with a big board on top. Have 6 games and just want to re-arrange their order every now and then. If there is a link, would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

#2 3 months ago

Carpet sliders

Or buy a cheap harbor freight lift cart.

#3 3 months ago
    Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I apologize if this has been discussed, but what’s the best way to move pinball machines around a room. Been quite a challenge so far, just getting on my hands and knees and lifting up with my back and crawling to move it enough away from wall to where two people can lift. Thought about a few Dolly carts on wheels, and maybe thought I saw a car Jack with a big board on top. Have 6 games and just want to re-arrange their order every now and then. If there is a link, would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

I bought the pin cart and it’s been the best thing ever. Using it right at this moment to move 9 games around a small room!
    It’s worth the investment, if you have carpet floors then change the wheels to something that rolls better

#4 3 months ago

Magic sliders work great for me.

#5 3 months ago

Harbor freight lift cart and bend the handle back a bit where it connects to easily get it under games. I use mine all the time.

#6 3 months ago

Tell the servants where you want them, then watch it happen.

#7 3 months ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Magic sliders work great for me.

+1 for magic sliders. Move so easy on carpet

#8 3 months ago

Depends on your age and flooring.

#9 3 months ago

Thanks all for your advice. I believe my wife has magic sliders for furniture, but I’ve got a concrete floor so don’t think they will work well. Will check the pin cart and harbor freight options ASAP.

#10 3 months ago

Harbor freight hydraulic lift cart, pinskates, furniture mover skates, magic sliders (there are multiple versions of these for all floor types, and you can even buy them at the $1 store), or you can even use cardboard to slide it.

#11 3 months ago

The best way? Maybe have three or four strippers move it for you while you watch.

#12 3 months ago
    Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Thanks all for your advice. I believe my wife has magic sliders for furniture, but I’ve got a concrete floor so don’t think they will work well. Will check the pin cart and harbor freight options ASAP.

Leg dolly casters.

s-l640 (resized).jpg
    #13 3 months ago

I use these pin lift skates, they are pricey but built very well with soft rubber caster for timber floors.

s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    #14 3 months ago

A proper pin cart is the best thing to have overall, but hard to find and pricey for most people unless you are constantly moving games.

#15 3 months ago

I use sliders on concrete, they work great...……..Once.
    cheap option if you don't mind throwing away afterword.

#16 3 months ago

A cheap hydraulic lift cart is worth its weight in gold. Especially if you build a simple tipping mechanism for it. Makes set-up, moving, and tear-down super easy for one person to handle. That and my Escalara were my two best pinball purchases to keep me self sufficient.

#17 3 months ago

Pin lift skates like Skywalker posted. Best for hard floor surfaces.

#18 3 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Harbor freight hydraulic lift cart, pinskates, furniture mover skates, magic sliders (there are multiple versions of these for all floor types, and you can even buy them at the $1 store), or you can even use cardboard to slide it.

Quoted from skywalker:

I use these pin lift skates, they are pricey but built very well with soft rubber caster for timber floors.[quoted image]

Quoted from Dart1970:

Pin lift skates like Skywalker posted. Best for hard floor surfaces.

I gave a list of options above, but I feel that pinskates are truly the most efficient/easiest option (obviously...strippers are the "best" option, however, given all choices)

#19 3 months ago

Magic Sliders work perfect for me on the carpet in my basement as well as the concrete in the garage.

#20 3 months ago

There is a thread about customizing the harbour lift carts. The swivel mod is sooooo awesome!

1 month later
    #21 62 days ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

There is a thread about customizing the harbour lift carts. The swivel mod is sooooo awesome!

Was that to customize them into a locking wheel??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 399.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Bent Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 25.00
    Electronics
    PIN-UPS
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 10.95
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 104.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside