You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15929559388791496835324 (resized).jpg
8C735169-8E18-4DAF-A0E1-686AB705BD6D (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

I am one guy.
I need to move my machine 2 feet to the right.
I have little room around it (rearranging a small office)
Recommendations?

8C735169-8E18-4DAF-A0E1-686AB705BD6D (resized).jpeg8C735169-8E18-4DAF-A0E1-686AB705BD6D (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

carpet sliders

#3 3 years ago

For short distance moves, putting a furniture slider under each foot works pretty well. You can get them at any hardware store. They have ones for carpet and hard floors (and some that you can use on either pretty easily).

#4 3 years ago

Carpet sliders would work, however some of the layered rugs (don’t ask) are quite fragile and valuable.

But thank you. That makes it clear. I need carpet sliders and some carpet to lay over the rugs.

#5 3 years ago

Well this is a weird one.

#6 3 years ago

If you can't just slide/drag for fear of damaging the flooring, you could probably just pick up the front, move it a few inches, then the back, back and fourth until you get it in place. Kind of shuffle/walk it over. Put some cardboard under the feet that are down if you are worried about the pivoting? Otherwise for only a couple feet, you might be able to get on all fours and just balance the machine on your back, turtle style, LOL.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought the same thing. Knew I had to come check it out

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

I am one guy.
I need to move my machine 2 feet to the right.
I have little room around it (rearranging a small office)
Recommendations?

Here are my recommendations:
Option 1 - furniture movers or wood cups depending on flooring https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-casters-4-piece-set-wood-pin-footies#post-5679918
Option 2 - Ask your neighbor to help for beer and pinball playing
Option 3 - Hydraulic lift table (if you had half a dozen or more machines this would be #1) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table

#9 3 years ago

Two feet and two arms?

#10 3 years ago

If tight on space. Get under and use your back to lift and move it over will prob take a few times to get the 2 feet but it’s doable.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

If tight on space. Get under and use your back to lift and move it over will prob take a few times to get the 2 feet but it’s doable.

It's not fun but I've done it.

#12 3 years ago

Cardboard could work if you don't have sliders on-hand.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right back at you.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

Right back at you.

I believe he was commenting on the situation and question.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

That’s what I pictured. Then I pictured the wood cracking. But I literally need it off the ground because.

Cardboard is a good suggestion.

It’s on overlapping hand-woven Persian rugs. Imagine them being like that sweater your mom knitted you last year. Now it’s fine standing still but sliding is going to stretch the yarn. I have polyurethane feet under the feet.

So yeah, it’s atypically complex, but I think cardboard is the answer I was looking for.

As for theLaw... don’t you have something to do?

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

Recommendations?

Maybe a little more information. Why this seems like a problem for you ?

Restricted to what you can lift ? Damage to floor ?

This is normally lift one end and move over, then repeat on the other end.

LTG : )

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

I think cardboard is the answer I was looking for.

That or thin plywood.

So less likely to cut through and hurt the rug.

LTG : )

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

That’s what I pictured. Then I pictured the wood cracking. But I literally need it off the ground because.
Cardboard is a good suggestion.
It’s on overlapping hand-woven Persian rugs. Imagine them being like that sweater your mom knitted you last year. Now it’s fine standing still but sliding is going to stretch the yarn. I have polyurethane feet under the feet.
So yeah, it’s atypically complex, but I think cardboard is the answer I was looking for.
As for theLaw... don’t you have something to do?

I would probably use something that the feet could slide on rather than cardboard. I have some white board type thing I got at home depot, used it for a removable ceiling. That combined with furniture slider things would make for a smooth easy move.

15929559388791496835324 (resized).jpg15929559388791496835324 (resized).jpg
#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Be careful with this. I’ve done it, but the machine gets extremely unstable and you could easily push too hard and drop the sucker, or knock it over. Furniture sliders combined with lifting underneath may help.
Ideally though find someone even if it’s a homeless guy off the street.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Rhinelander, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-move-a-machine-two-feet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.