(Topic ID: 220826)

Best way to juice spinners?

By mrossman5

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180710_192239260 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

What’s the best way/product to juice sticky spinners?

#2 5 years ago

First make sure that the arms are square and the spinner sits at rest right.

Then add this.

La-Co 4 ounce Zoom spout oiler 79704G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029NHARC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ddcrBbPJ2TNYB

Tiny bit on both arms at where they pass through the bracket and a bit on where the arm that goes through the playfield attaches. Dab with a cloth afterwards.

Now you’ll be rippin! Also this stuff lasts FOREVER. seriously thousands of plays later and they still rip.

#3 5 years ago

I sand the arms so they're nice and clean, make everything square, and then put some teflon gel lube on them. Even just the lube got the spinner on one of my games from 5 spins to 30

#4 5 years ago

Silicone dry lube would work good

#5 5 years ago

Polish the spinner arms with Flitz. After alignment and proper balance at rest, one drop of Super Lube on each bracket pivot point.

#6 5 years ago

Thanks guys!

#7 5 years ago

is there a proper height from the playfield that the bottom of the spinner should sit? I have one on my high speed that tends to stop the ball dead 50% of the time so I know its not level or is not the proper height.

Thanks
    Blake

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

is there a proper height from the playfield that the bottom of the spinner should sit? I have one on my high speed that tends to stop the ball dead 50% of the time so I know its not level or is not the proper height.
    Thanks
    Blake

You want the face of the spinner straight up and down or at worse slightly tilted forward. If tilted back, that can cause hang ups. If the bottom of the spinner is tilted forward more than the top, that’s bad news bears.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

La-Co 4 ounce Zoom spout oiler 79704G

I bought some of this product recently and WOW.... makes those spinners fly.

#10 5 years ago

Saw another Pinsider recommend this one in a different thread, I tried it and YEP, my spinners are greased lighting now!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #11 5 years ago

Jack Lalanne Power Juicer?

#12 5 years ago

....Ride the Snake....

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You want the face of the spinner straight up and down or at worse slightly tilted forward. If tilted back, that can cause hang ups. If the bottom of the spinner is tilted forward more than the top, that’s bad news bears.

this worked great!!
    thanks
    Blake

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is this relative to the playfield or the ground? In other words would the spinner be perpendicular to the playfield or the ground?

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from BriPin:

Is this relative to the playfield or the ground? In other words would the spinner be perpendicular to the playfield or the ground?

Either wouldn’t hurt, but better if it’s with the ground. You just don’t want the bottom of the spinner pointing forward at rest. That gets the rejects and dead shots.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Either wouldn’t hurt, but better if it’s with the ground.

Got it! Thanks for the info!

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from BriPin:

I think it has to be to the playfield. If it was to the ground then the bottom would be pointed forward. I have mine now with the bottom slightly tilted back and it made a world of difference.

Thanks
    Blake

#19 5 years ago

can someone explain how to adjust the lean/angle? I took a look at mine but don't understand what to bend or flex. Also how do you actually remove the spinner? I don't want to mess anything up!

Here's a pic of mine, I think it may need to lean more forward "/" can anyone advise if it's good as it is?

Thanks

IMG_20180710_192239260 (resized).jpgIMG_20180710_192239260 (resized).jpg
    #20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Junglist:

can someone explain how to adjust the lean/angle? I took a look at mine but don't understand what to bend or flex. Also how do you actually remove the spinner? I don't want to mess anything up!
    Here's a pic of mine, I think it may need to lean more forward "/" can anyone advise if it's good as it is?
    Thanks

funny because for a couple minutes last night I struggled with this too. in order to make the bottom lean back bend the spinner slightly but evenly forward. a little bend goes a long way. if you bend it to far, push it backwards some. to remove the spinner just push in on the shortest set arm of the spinner. but I can tell you after removing mine and adjusting the next two there is no need (unless not squared) to remove them.

thanks
    Blake

#21 5 years ago

just to understand better, when you say push it forward do you mean flex the arms forward? Doesn't changing the angle of the arms make it more likely to not spin freely? Where exactly do you bend? Where the arms exit the holes on the frame? Sorry to be so dumb

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Junglist:

just to understand better, when you say push it forward do you mean flex the arms forward? Doesn't changing the angle of the arms make it more likely to not spin freely? Where exactly do you bend? Where the arms exit the holes on the frame? Sorry to be so dumb

no need to be sorry. I pushed from the middle of the spinner with even pressure. Which is really bending the arms back a bit. Its physics as you have gravity pressing down on the spinner being held up by the arms. As you change the pivot point of the spinner in conjunction with the point its being held at (the arms) it has no choice but to react accordingly.
    Thanks
    Blake

#23 5 years ago

ok got it, push on the spinner itself, in the middle, forward towards the player... thanks! I'll give it a go.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Junglist:

ok got it, push on the spinner itself, in the middle, forward towards the player... thanks! I'll give it a go.

you got it. and if you know the housing or arms are all bent up you can take it out and get it back square before making your adjustments. Also cleaning up the arms with a paper towel before you put a dab of whatever lubricant your using is a good idea as well.
    mine went from spinning for a second as the ball passed to continuing to spin as I was hitting the ball for a second time after a full loop around the playfield.

thanks
    Blake

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

no need to be sorry.
    Blake

Its a Canadian thing, it's built in......lol

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-juice-spinners?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.