New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 136170)

Best way to fix this WW post?

By johnwartjr

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bballfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ww.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I have a White Water on location that has a problematic post. It's pictured. It's the one across from the upper flipper.

I drilled the hole out, and glued in a hardwood dowel, drilled it, and reinstalled the post. Lasted for about a month.

Logically, it seems like a good location for a t-nut and a machine screw, but I have to take so much apart to get the T-nut installed....

The location is an hour away, and I imagine to get the mini PF out and back in is minimally a 2-3 hour job.

Anybody have any bright or better ideas? Or a way to get to the underside of the mini playfield installed to slip the t-nut in? Or even a lock nut with a pair of needle nose pliers or something?

I have some things I want to try, but since it's an hour to the location - I want to take all the right stuff to get it done in 1 trip

ww.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Bolt with nylon nut. Flat washer on bottom side. Fastest way I know.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Wondering if the clearance exists to get to the bottom with a locknut - it's pretty tight in this area.

Anybody have experience?

#4 5 years ago

If room, tape nut & washer on open end wrench to reach spot.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I agree with this. I would also use a washer on the topside. Shouldn't sffect play much if at all in that location and it will be stronger than the wood.

#6 5 years ago

Double up on that 2" rubber ring too.
A ball can easily break that lamp.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mesa, AZ
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside