• Latest reply 6 years ago by oidrew85
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9582D615-9CF5-4D43-83F0-734F1FC75A23 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Need ideas on the best way to fix these two traces on a power supply this is my first time doing so for looking for some suggestions on easiest or best way. I have some exp. soldiering but have never attempted this before. Any help is much appreciated.

9582D615-9CF5-4D43-83F0-734F1FC75A23 (resized).jpeg9582D615-9CF5-4D43-83F0-734F1FC75A23 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

If you're not trying to win a beauty contest, just cut off the bad part that is sticking up from the board and run a jumper wire. Make sure to use wire thick enough to carry the current and run it all the way from one end of the trace to the other end. You can use a dab of hot glue to hold the wire down to the board in a few spots.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks! that’s what I was looking into wanted to make sure I was going the right direction!

#4 6 years ago

Of course you may want to figure out what problem caused the traces to burn off the board and correct that also...

#5 6 years ago

Already found that got the parts to fix the two cracked pieces that are attached to the two damaged leads hopeing that is the fix. I just got this from a guy not working but looked through everything and can’t find any other problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-fix-this-trace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.