3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by the9gman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200723_191539764 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200723_191511097 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Here's a few photos of my SYS80B driver board. What's the best way to fix this?

IMG_20200723_191511097 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_191511097 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_191539764 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_191539764 (resized).jpg
    #3 3 years ago
    Quoted from athens95:

Buy a new rottendog one for $100

Definitely an option I'm considering.

#4 3 years ago

Try to sand the burn down to good board

you can use this tape to remake the traces

https://www.amazon.com/Conductive-Shielding-Repellent-Electrical-Grounding/dp/B0741ZRP4W/ref=sr_1_10

a reasonable reproduction can be cut out of it with an exacto knife
    even though the back of it is sticky it is usually not strong enough to hold the board so I use super glue to hold it to the board once dry .....flow solder over it to connect the whole trace

if you take your time you can get a pretty good result

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

if you take your time you can get a pretty good result

I never knew about this product so that's immensely helpful. I normally just used small wires which can be a pain in the ass.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

Try to sand the burn down to good board

Then fill with epoxy.

#7 3 years ago

Should I put the transistor on the board again or should I put it on stands, off board?

My initial thought was to drill/cut out the burnt part totally and jumper the traces. Then put metal stands in so the transistor sits higher off board. Thoughts?

From the sounds of it, I should sand down the burnt part, epoxy it, repair traces, and install transistor in normal spot.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Then fill with epoxy

Is there a certain product you recommend?

#9 3 years ago

i believe this is what he is referring to

just use a two part resin clear epoxy instead of the super glue

super glue is good is you end up with a reasonable flat surface epoxy is good if you end up with a cupped circuit board after sanding because it will self level

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-fix-this-board?hl=the9gman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.