7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by terryb
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hot_stuff.jpg
    image.jpg

#1 7 years ago

i have a few cracked ramps on my pins....nothing major but i would like to repair them. What do you guys use other than super glue that works and isnt so obvious (like JB Weld would totally show)....Just wondering. Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Ive been using a glue called "plastic-surgery" lately. I highly recommend it. Its been doing a great job. Holds fast and strong, levels out nicely and dries clear. I bought it at a ace hardware but im sure you could order it.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

Ive been using a glue called "plastic-surgery" lately. I highly recommend it.

Really good to know...Do you do both sides of the crack or just the top side and let it percolate down through?

#4 7 years ago

I've used a product called IPS Weld-On before. It creates a chemical reaction that sort of melts pieces together and makes a very strong bond. They make a very thin one that will run into cracks and seal them up

#5 7 years ago

Jst dont use fiberglass and resin ive seen plenty of ramps repaired this way and the fiberglass has let loose
    i use either acrylic welding adheasive goto the hardwar store and get a good universal plumbing adheasive and primer this will weld the plastics together let dry 1-2 hours then cut a reinforcing piece of abs scuff both sides with 120 grit sandpaper and use the welding adhesive to add a reinforcing plate.

#6 7 years ago

Super glue can fog up the plastic.

#7 7 years ago

if they're destroyed I think fiberglass and epoxy works well.

#8 7 years ago

any before and after repair pictures?

#9 7 years ago

Buy new ones works also

#10 7 years ago

Ambroid Pro Weld is what you need.
    If there are no missing bits and the cracked piece(s) are still making solid contact, Ambroid glue is designed to actually chemically weld acrylic back together. Other glues remain between the crack while Ambroid sort of "melts" or fuses the plastic back together.
    You simply hold the pieces together and run some glue along the crack (both sides if possible). It is super thin and will get into the crack with capillary action.
    You can use the brush attached to the cap, but a syringe or pipette will allow for a cleaner repair.

Good luck.

image.jpg

2 years later
    #11 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimster102:

Buy new ones works also

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but neeeding to repair a clear plastic ramp and discovered this product is no longer made and Amazon and other sources are out. Anyone know of other good products?

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but needing to repair a clear plastic ramp and discovered this Ambroid Pro Weld is no longer made and Amazon and other sources are out. Anyone know of other good products? I hate to spend $100 for a new ramp!

#13 4 years ago

i use sattelite city hot stuff glue. its a two part high strength glue. put the epoxy glue on one side of the broken piece, and spray a catalyst on the other piece and press the two together and it will bond and harden almost instantly. it can be sanded and polished. dries crystal clear. this is the stuff the granite guys used to fix a chip in my countertop. i bought it at a granite supply store but most hobby shops carry it also.

hot_stuff.jpg

#14 4 years ago

There is a testors window glue that is designed to dry clear with no fogging I used on some airplane model canopies.
    I still used superglue on my slingshots and damn the fogging for the extra strength.

#15 4 years ago

Has anyone tried using Bondic yet? http://notaglue.com
    I bought one, but I've only used it on small things so far.

#16 4 years ago

I have used Bondic for a few different repairs. I works, but it doesn't "weld" the plastic. I have found that it will tend to let go with minimal force. The actual glue is strong, but didn't adhere well to the plastic. Better prep of the plastic might result in better adhesion as I didn't prep the repair by sanding to give it better grip. I just applied it to the crack and hardened it. Very likely with a proper prep, it would be more effective.

#17 4 years ago

Here's a replacement for the ProWeld:

http://www.micromark.com/same-stuff-professional-plastic-welder-refill-2-fl-oz,9002.html

I think the Flex-i-File stuff is also similar (if not the same):

http://www.flex-i-file.com/adhesives.php

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 6.00
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside