Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrm_4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WPC door (resized).PNG
    #1 5 years ago

I've got a few games (MMr, JD, AFM) where the AE-2411 bill acceptor bezel is too big to fit. What is the best method to cut the hole bigger to fit it? Do I need to cut the top or bottom?

I've already got the slim line bezel and 300 box but it still doesn't fit thru the hole.

#2 5 years ago

I trim the corners out with a dremel with a carbide disc on it. Grind the corners out, touch up with a black magic marker or paint pen. If you are good at it and lean the disc in, you won't have anything to touch up.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I trim the corners out with a dremel with a carbide disc on it. Grind the corners out, touch up with a black magic marker or paint pen. If you are good at it and lean the disc in, you won't have anything to touch up.

What do you mean when you say the corners? I'm having a hard time seeing where it's sticking.

#4 5 years ago

Corners of the door b/a opening

#5 5 years ago

Is MMR a 110v acceptor? While I've got you

#6 5 years ago

Is this what you mean by corners need trimmed?

WPC door (resized).PNGWPC door (resized).PNG
    #8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Is this what you mean by corners need trimmed?

Yes.

Quoted from Deez:

Is MMR a 110v acceptor?

12 Volt DC

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I've got a few games (MMr, JD, AFM) where the AE-2411 bill acceptor bezel is too big to fit. What is the best method to cut the hole bigger to fit it? Do I need to cut the top or bottom?
    I've already got the slim line bezel and 300 box but it still doesn't fit thru the hole.

I use a nibbler to cut about 1/8" taller at the top (all across the top of the hole cutout in the door).

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I use a nibbler to cut about 1/8" taller at the top (all across the top of the hole cutout in the door).

I stopped down at my location to cut the corners and the door didn't have corners on it. I test fit the hole with a spare bezel and I think I have to do what you're saying and actually trim off an 1/8". I don't have a nibbler so will have to use the dremel.

#11 5 years ago

Hurry up man im sick of using quarters on this machine!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-cut-a-coin-door and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.