You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200109_111210 (resized).jpg
4E95A757-6A2B-4382-ADB7-012B5C4A96EF (resized).png
031241A5-F6DA-4BC3-BB8E-41FAD2897D46 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

What would you use to clean up the nicotine/gunk?

031241A5-F6DA-4BC3-BB8E-41FAD2897D46 (resized).jpeg031241A5-F6DA-4BC3-BB8E-41FAD2897D46 (resized).jpeg4E95A757-6A2B-4382-ADB7-012B5C4A96EF (resized).png4E95A757-6A2B-4382-ADB7-012B5C4A96EF (resized).png
#2 4 years ago

Mean Green and a rag.

#3 4 years ago

I heard 1 part white vinegar and 4 parts water works pretty well. That looks like it spent years in a smokey bar so you definitely have your work cut out for you. Good luck

#4 4 years ago

Lots and lots of threads on this. The consensus seems to be that Mean Green or Super Clean (or your degreaser of choice) work the best. You need to do a small section at a time and check for color fastness. Use enough and work at a quick pace to get the full effect. Do not saturate the wood and let it it sit or you’ll see the grain begin to poke through the paint.

#6 4 years ago

Matches

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Lots and lots of threads on this. The consensus seems to be that Mean Green or Super Clean (or your degreaser of choice) work the best. You need to do a small section at a time and check for color fastness. Use enough and work at a quick pace to get the full effect. Do not saturate the wood and let it it sit or you’ll see the grain begin to poke through the paint.

Going to add to this. Simple Green, Super Clean or Original Fantastic. Protect your floor from overspray or drips. Do not let your chemical run down, you will have cleaner lines to remove or blend in. I have had decent results with scrubbing with a medium bristle brush, then wiping off the grime. Do not try to clean it in one step. Let the cleaned surface dry for a day, giving the wood and artwork time to rest. Then go over the art work again. Not sure if you will be able to get the white part, white again, but it will look much better. Possible ending up with an antique white tone.

#8 4 years ago

Buy LA’s Totally Awesome cleaner at the dollar store. It works really well.

#9 4 years ago

I've heard of a product called Krud Kutter which supposedly works great on heavily yellowed cabinets. I have not tried it myself, but have often heard it mentioned for this type of heavy staining.

#10 4 years ago

Thanks guys I ordered Krud Kutter. Should be here tomorrow

#11 4 years ago

After cleaning I like to polish some cabinets. Just finished cleaning up a Back To The Future that was in a fire. Cleaned with an APC and round detail brush in a circular motion in 2'x2' sections. Followed with a medium cutting pad and finishing polish. Cleaning itself did help but you can see how much more I removed after polishing. The pin was in really ruff shape but came along good for a quick cleanup for a friend.

Edit: That thouchup was from previous owner.
20200109_111210 (resized).jpg20200109_111210 (resized).jpg

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Thanks guys I ordered Krud Kutter. Should be here tomorrow

Krudd kutter is great and cleans well, But it will take the paint off if used to long in one area. FWIW Home depot sells it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-clean-this-cab?hl=gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.