9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by greatwichjohn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

What's the trick to cleaning those white star rollover inserts?

#2 9 years ago

Go online and order new from pbresource or marco. Easy fix and they look so nice when they are new.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from JDub1006:

Go online and order new from pbresource or marco. Easy fix and they look so nice when they are new.

How do you get the white stars out?

#4 9 years ago

You just cut off the little nub that holds them in and push them out from the bottom. The new ones click into place.

#5 9 years ago

Gotcha. That seems like a cheap fix to making them look a ton better.

#6 9 years ago

Ah, I was wondering the same thing Blackbeard. Thanks for beating me to the follow up. Replacements ordered!

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

You just cut off the little nub that holds them in and push them out from the bottom. The new ones click into place.

Yep.

8 years later
    #8 10 months ago

So I just replaced my star rollovers and some of them are sticking in the down position. Is there a fix for this? Or did I just get some bad ones?

#9 10 months ago

Lately I have found a good exacto knife works well. You can slowly scrape the clear from the star & the insert. I use to file previously with out the star. My new playfield clear coat contractor leaves them in during his work & manipulates them so they are mostly free after his work. Only about 5% I clean this way afterwards. A strange process that no one seems to do. I just keep him supplied with them. Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields I make.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside