Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_5644 (resized).JPG
lights (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikala.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from nsduprr:

Those are trash. Replace them with new ones. Yes vinegar will get the oxidation off and make them look *nice*, but say good bye to any remaining zinc; your then left with raw steel.
However, if you need to clean sockets that are not too bad (or the game is not worth the investment in new sockets) start with a *Light Socket Cleaning Stick* from PBR.
By itself the stick is not much to write home mom about. But combine it with a *drafting electric eraser* and you can do a respectable job of cleaning the working inside parts of the socket damn fast. I'd say about 10 seconds per socket, in situ.
I'm not a fan of *Dremel and a wire brush tip*...the wire brushes don't last long especially on full blast, and they tend to fling the broken wires all over $%@#'s creation. Yes, eye protection has to be worn, but damn, if you forget and catch one in the eye.
[quoted image]

One of my customers gave me a box of stuff 10 years ago to throw out whatever I couldn’t use, inside the box was one of these drafting erasers. I looked it up and discovered that these things go for about $150 on eBay. I discovered on my own that this is the perfect tool for cleaning light sockets with a PBR stick. Thought I was the only one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikala.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-clean-light-sockets?tu=mikala and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.