Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_5644 (resized).JPG
lights (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmndr-brain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I'm working on a 1979 Flash pinball that's been in a garage for 25+ years. Dust and grim have infiltrated all parts of the game. What do people recommend for polishing up the lights sockets. Sitting for so long almost all the sockets have a white dust on them. The sockets have what seems to be a paper separator between the contacts and at the bottom inside of the socket. I've tried a tumbler before, but that gets a lot of media in between the contacts and inside. How about an ultra-sonic cleaner with just water? Any other suggestions besides just buy new sockets? You can see in the image, especially the middle, the white dust on the socket. I assume it's just the material the socket was made from reacting with moisture.

lights (resized).jpglights (resized).jpg

#12 1 year ago

It seems as though, only the lamp sockets with the long mounting bracket are the ones effected with the corrosion. The short mounts or the ones stapled to the playfield don't seem to have a problem. I'll look into order some. Looks like I'll need to do about 45 of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmndr-brain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-clean-light-sockets?tu=cmndr-brain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.