(Topic ID: 333282)

Best way to be a great tournament/league player.

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PoMC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Don't be a baby when you lose. That is all.

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You can get pissed all you want, but always show your opponent respect.

#3 1 year ago

What happened dude?

#4 1 year ago

yeah be cool man

#5 1 year ago

Absolutely this. Nothing is more annoying and embarrassing when someone rage tilts and screams like a child after losing the ball.
    I’m not talking the normal swearing/yelling.

There’s been guys that SCREAM, and pound the glass like an animal. To them it’s not about losing the ball either, it’s knowing they lost in that instant. Nobody wants to be around the crap!

#6 1 year ago

I thought this was going to be like " Bring great snacks" or bring the host his/her favorite beer or weed strain, but yeah don't be a baby and don't trash the hosts games or smash your fist against the glass is legit too.
    B

#7 1 year ago

Simpler yet:
    Don’t be a dick

#8 1 year ago

I thought the answer was be on the spectrum?

#9 1 year ago

I've never played pinball in a league, but I did play competitive darts at a high level for many years. The same sh*t happens there, too. Babies is the right word for it. The tradition in darts, win or loose, is you shake hands with your opponent and say "well played". If you need to sulk afterward, do it in a corner somewhere. Don't make a scene.

#10 1 year ago

a degenerate hobby is gonna lack some level of social grace took me nearly two hundred tournaments to experience someone slam tilting (the game we were playing to win) in frustration after not winning it

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I thought the answer was be on the spectrum?

Hah. Someone was offended I guess. My son is autistic and he’s a freakin madman pinball player. It’s the ability to grok all of the complexity of the rules and know exactly what is the best shot to go for at any given instant and hold all the game
    States in the mind at once. Then there is the reflexes that just come from being a young lad. He could probably be a great but doesn’t like competition so he just puts up high scores everywhere and even the pinhead adults are like how the hell did he do that?

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Hah. Someone was offended I guess. My son is autistic and he’s a freakin madman pinball player. It’s the ability to grok all of the complexity of the rules and know exactly what is the best shot to go for at any given instant and hold all the game
    States in the mind at once. Then there is the reflexes that just come from being a young lad. He could probably be a great but doesn’t like competition so he just puts up high scores everywhere and even the pinhead adults are like how the hell did he do that?

I was just speaking from experience. hahaha Not as far a tournaments go, but playing pinball all the time.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-be-a-great-tournament-league-player and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.