New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 269846)

Best way to accept money from Canada?

By Pdxmonkey

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by 7oxford
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

index(3).jpg
    index(2).jpg
    index.jpg
    9CCEE2DC-887F-443A-B1F5-D5ECA65A8383 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 months ago

Just curious, selling a game to a Canadian buyer, is an international wire the best way to accept payment in terms of fees?
    PayPal fees look very high and no cash app in Canada.

Cheers

#2 4 months ago

9CCEE2DC-887F-443A-B1F5-D5ECA65A8383 (resized).jpeg
    #3 4 months ago

Direct bank transfer..
    Done it many times no issues

#4 4 months ago

Direct bank transfer, only way you are 100% safe.

#5 4 months ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I see your potato chips and raise you some of our better exports. Lol

index(2).jpgindex(3).jpgindex.jpg
    #6 4 months ago

Wire transfer is the best way. You bank will probably charge you $15 on your end to receive the transfer but that should be it. And as everyone else said, it's the best way.

Paypal is not a good way.

QSS

#7 4 months ago

Make sure that you have all the correct banking info.
    Any errors and funds going to a wrong account are hard to do,

#8 4 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Direct bank transfer..
    Done it many times no issues

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Make sure that you have all the correct banking info.
    Any errors and funds going to a wrong account are hard to do,

This and this ^

I sent bank transfer/wire when I purchased my playfield from the US. No issues and it took 1 business day for the wire to go through. Just triple check the banking information so there's no mixups.

#9 4 months ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Wire transfer is the best way. You bank will probably charge you $15 on your end to receive the transfer but that should be it. And as everyone else said, it's the best way.
    Paypal is not a good way.
    QSS

It depends on a few things.
    The fees may be more than $15 for an international wire.
    International wires are different than domestic wires.

1) Domestic wires will hit the recipients account and the fund will be good on the same day as long as the wire was sent before the wire cut off time. Otherwise funds will clear the following day. Generally with a domestic wire this is a direct bank to bank transfer (no intermediary bank) and either a small fee ($15-$20) for processing or no fee at all will be taken out.
    With an international wire it's a bit different as you have a few more factors in play. For example, international wire are not direct bank to bank transfers. Depending on who the sender banks with the wire is most likely first sent to a larger bank like Chase, HSBC as an intermediary before being forwarded on to the beneficiary bank. If this is the case, each bank along the way will take out a processing fee and it can add up to a bit more in fees. It could also take a couple extra days to clear (unlike a domestic wire).

2) If the wire is sent in Canadian Dollars to a U.S. dollar account the banks are going to convert this at a rate that is not in favor of the recipient. They do not use the middle exchange rate. In this case the recipient could be short a few hundred dollars on a larger transaction.
    I.E. Make sure that the wire is sent in U.S. Dollars from Canada so there is not currency conversion that transpires within the banking system.
    The currency exchange should be calculated on the buyers end where he buys U.S. Dollars in advance and has the wire sent in the correct currency.
    Otherwise the recipient will get shorted quite a bit.

#10 4 months ago

Really too bad EMT’s don’t work across the 49th.
    Seriously can’t beat them.

#11 4 months ago

um from a Canadian who has bought all my pins virtually out of the states ... and two of which are still stuck out of town due to cover travel restrictions .

I always send the sellers PAYPAL friends and Family Only . no fees and easy as pie comes right from my account to yours .

Only issue ever was a scammer ripped me for a fishtails and judge dread that were scam ads on here yes sad I know and i lost my money cause it was friends and family .

I still buy and trust the sellers just do a little more due diligence then before .

#12 4 months ago

I once went to a strip club in Canada and the stripper stuck a toonie to her butt. Customers would throw their coins at her rear. Whoever knocked it off got a nude poster of her which she rubbed all over her glittery, naked body.

That is the best way to send money in Canada.

#13 4 months ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I once went to a strip club in Canada and the stripper stuck a toonie to her butt. Customers would throw their coins at her rear. Whoever knocked it off got a nude poster of her which she rubbed all over her glittery, naked body.
    That is the best way to send money in Canada.

You got ‘er.
    Wow. Never thought Canada would Be more fucked up than a place like NOLA, it even there they have pasties and gitch on.
    Usually they roll the poster into a small funnel and you’d toss the loonie at that. Wow, fucked up

#14 4 months ago

There is fucked up people in any country you go and it's trending lol

#15 4 months ago

I have done paypal as friends as well. Just make sure you trust the person on the other end first. But its pretty easy on here if they have an established account and there are others that can vouch for them.

#16 4 months ago

Through the Royal Mounted Police.

Plus, they have ponies!

#17 4 months ago
    Quoted from Localspeedshop:

um from a Canadian who has bought all my pins virtually out of the states ... and two of which are still stuck out of town due to cover travel restrictions .
    I always send the sellers PAYPAL friends and Family Only . no fees and easy as pie comes right from my account to yours .
    Only issue ever was a scammer ripped me for a fishtails and judge dread that were scam ads on here yes sad I know and i lost my money cause it was friends and family .
    I still buy and trust the sellers just do a little more due diligence then before .

Interesting no fees... is that because your using checking account to fund the purchase? Is it different if using a CC?
    I was looking on the site and read 4% international fee...but that might have been non friends and family. Trusted buyer no problem there on this one.

And thanks for all the comment suggestions and cheeky responses.

#18 4 months ago

Generally for exchange rate fees, bank rates are less than credit cards are less than PayPal. Usually 1.8 to 4% range. The buyer will pay these fees not you if you ask to be paid in US dollars.
    If the buyer credits your bank account the bank may charge you a processing fee. Maybe $25 or so, or there may be no fee.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 5.00
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 179.99
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 20.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Other
    Cobra Amusements
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 37.50
    $ 18.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Z
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Bat-Signal Projector Out of stock
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 229.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside