Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clargar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hey team- I was offered some great advice from this site and thought I'd give a little back. While pinball repair is not my specialty, I've been making furniture for about 40 years now. I just did an overhaul on my Gottlieb Pioneer. It's original and in great shape. For waxing the playfield I used three coats. Coat 1: Johnson's paste wax or butchers wax. This a "soft" wax that goes on easy but does require a little elbow grease to buff it out. For the final two coats I use Collonit IW-845. This is almost 100% carnauba wax. It is super hard and much more durable than the butchers type, and it will last much longer. The beauty is that it goes on like butter and requires about 1/10 of the elbow grease to buff it off. It also fills all those microscopic hairline cracks in the playfiled. Guaranteed that your ball will hit the glass. I dropped a pyramid lane guide on the table and it slid all the way down! Also, for you car buffs, this is the wax to use. Once every 6 months and it will withstand all the car washes you can give it. Water beads and sheets like you've never known before. You can get this stuff on the web at autogeek or a place like that. If you try it, I guarantee you'll never use anything else again.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Hey clargar! Are you a neighbor??

must be. on Colony.

#20 11 years ago

All waxes contain distillates in order to grind the particle size to the micron level and make it spreadable as a paste. And you can't buff it until those distillates dry off (solvent worries gone now..). Unless of course it's a naturally soft wax like bees wax; but then again I don't like slow moving balls! Get some for your car, and then try a PF. Happy conversion!

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Whoa! I'm right off Colony! Summit. First block past Blinking Light!

i got two friends on summit. greg and johnny fishguy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clargar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-wax-ever-collonite-iw-845?tu=clargar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.