Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mrossman5
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

221C19BF-4081-41BB-A4C2-2D1F62908BFD (resized).jpeg
    Jess-with-DNGF (resized).jpg
    12F4263A-080D-44CD-9503-6B147F098ECD (resized).jpeg
    FB778445-EC28-441D-9784-D0104BF3E906 (resized).png
    E2A83182-3A2F-4AD7-BF8C-AC70A24E01B6 (resized).jpeg
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

I've been watching a ton of videos on Youtube (as well as been playing some of my pins) and I noticed how great some of these pins are not only because of the lights, toys, ramps, etc.... but because of the voice acting. The quality of the speech can make or break a pin sometimes, with some pinsiders refusing to buy TWD because of the actor's voices missing from the game, or of the annoyance of the voice clip saying "Shoot the Pyramid" in SG. Some of them are done so well I can't imagine liking the pin that much if they were missing. Jon Rhys Davies (I think that's how you spell his name) in LOTR is excellent, along with the voice acting in classics such as MB and MM. I heard a story that Jon Borg's wife is actually the female voice in Tron (possibly ST as well) and, if she is, I really think she did a good job as well.

I personally can't pick a favorite, but I really like the actress JJ hired to do the voice of the wicked witch in WOZ. Sounds just like Margaret Hamilton. Any opinions?

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

on Rhys Davies (I think that's how you spell his name) in LOTR is excellent

Don't forget IJ.

#3 9 years ago

Spiderman with J.K. Simmons is awesome.

I had new pin people over and they leaned on a flipper during attract mode, jumped when they got yelled at, and were amazed that the pin had talked to them. Then played a game, and were having conversations with J Jonah himself.

#4 9 years ago

I think it's the guy at Stern that did the Mustang "SOOOOOPERRRRRRRR JAAAAACKPAAAAAWT!!!" callout...yes, it's horrible, but it's so horrible in a B-movie camp way that I just about die laughing every time I hear it.

#5 9 years ago

Yep, how could I forget that one, as well as Spidey.

#6 9 years ago

Steve Ritchie

#7 9 years ago

Jonathan Rhys Davies in a landslide...his IJ and LOTR callouts are the best ever. Easily.

#8 9 years ago

Seriously? Raul Julia, Angelica Huston, Cassandra Peterson, in that order. JRD, Steve Ritchie, and whoever says Bitchiiiiiin in Earthshaker get an honorable mention.

#9 9 years ago

STTNG has some of the best IMO.

#10 9 years ago

The whole Star Trek Next Generation Cast...I don't know how they pulled it off, but for me, it just makes the game so complete.

#11 9 years ago

Cassandra Peterson in both Elvira & Scared Stiff. Jeff Bridges in Tron too. (That is Mr. Bridges doing the voice acting, correct?)

#12 9 years ago

Mel Gibson... LW3... I forget but at some point he says. ".....ohhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhheeeeeeee" I am sure its from one of the movies but I always got a kick out of that call out.

#13 9 years ago

My favorites are Seth MacFarlane in Family Guy, Gandalf in LOTR, Hank Azaria and Dan Castellaneta in TSPP, Elvira in SS, and the cast of STTNG.

#14 9 years ago

Fred Young has done voice work for over 30 different pins and is very talented, he also did some of the most annoying work with his Joe Pesci "ok ok ok ok" callout in LW3 and Punchy the Clown.

#15 9 years ago

My vote goes to Fred Young, the man of a thousand voices. He's been in dozens of games and is super talented.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

Fred Young has done voice work for over 30 different pins and is very talented, he also did some of the most annoying work with his Joe Pesci "ok ok ok ok" callout in LW3 and Punchy the Clown.

Hehe, you beat me to it by a couple minutes!

#17 9 years ago

Mel Blanc is still the man of a thousand voices. Last time i heard Fred was at around 800.

#18 9 years ago

I vote for Black Knight 2000

#19 9 years ago

Pretty astounding to consider Stern HIRED REAL ACTORS to enhance their roles as recently as 2007 - when games were $3500 - and now $7000 games have fake Redneck Hillbillies in them.

As far as non-actors doing voices - Steve Ritchie!

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

Mel Blanc is still the man of a thousand voices. Last time i heard Fred was at around 800.

Yes, Mel was great of course! Anyway, I think Fred has upped his game in recent years. Somewhere I read in an interview with him where he said he currently had 998 voices he can do. Close enough to a thousand for me. At any rate, the guy is very good!

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from MattElder:

Yes, Mel was great of course! Anyway, I think Fred has upped his game in recent years. Somewhere I read in an interview with him where he said he currently had 998 voices he can do. Close enough to a thousand for me. At any rate, the guy is very good!

yes, i just read that on pinrepair, 998 voices and it was a few years ago.

#22 9 years ago

The guy who did the voice for Flash Gordon
    Makes me feel part of the movie

#23 9 years ago

I like taf call outs from Raul Julia .....Elvira wins second place

#24 9 years ago

For me it's Elvira in Scarred Stiff, she is just so damn sexy and seeing her laying on the translight almost like speaking to you "Good head, mmmm my favorite"

#25 9 years ago

Tina Fey

#26 9 years ago

Great suggestions! I'm sure the voice call outs in a pin is something we forget about, but I'm sure the designers have to take this "forgotten or overlooked" part of the process in the forefront. I find myself teasing my buddy whenever we go on a pinball adventure quoting the good witch from WOZ "The Journey is the Reward"!

#27 9 years ago

WOZ has really well-done soundalikes. Zen Pinball's Star Wars games do too.

#28 9 years ago

This is super easy, we have a tie for the winner! Suzanne Ciani, who did Xenon. Stephanie Rogers, Bride of Pinbot. Pinball heaven whenever I hear their callouts...

#29 9 years ago

Raul Julia. Dirty pool old man I like it

#30 9 years ago

For me, would only be Arnie in T2. Every voice in that pin is "awesome" one of the reason I love this pin. And second would be Star Trek next generation.

#31 9 years ago

Philip Seymour Hoffman

#32 9 years ago

Steve Richie wins, but the lady from Theater of Magic and TOTAN is a solid runner-up "I love the lighhtning!"

4 years later
    #33 5 years ago

STTNG, and the guy who does the Gandalf call outs in Hobbit is AMAZING. Great acting

Whomever did the voices in MB (drac especially) is pretty funny

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I vote for Black Knight 2000

Ha ha ha ha, noooo waaayy!

#35 5 years ago

Who did AFM? The voice callouts totally make that game.

#36 5 years ago

Damn, this is the best thread ever.

#37 5 years ago

Whoever did big guns and swords of fury are my favorite.

#38 5 years ago

chuckwurt Every.. single.. time that King Tyrant laughs after my husband drains he says, "Oh, now you're laughing at me.. nice." Then I laugh at him. Side note, still don't know what the trolls are saying. I like to think it's, "Get her to the F@cking tower!"

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

chuckwurt Every.. single.. time that King Tyrant laughs after my husband drains he says, "Oh, now you're laughing at me.. nice." Then I laugh at him. Side note, still don't know what the trolls are saying. I like to think it's, "Get her to the F@cking tower!"

Hahaha. The trolls. Yeah what the hell are they saying? I’d say your guess is close enough and I’m going with that from now on.

#40 5 years ago

Cassandra, for sure.

#41 5 years ago

Sorry fellas....this debate starts and ends really quick. TIM KITZROW.

E2A83182-3A2F-4AD7-BF8C-AC70A24E01B6 (resized).jpegE2A83182-3A2F-4AD7-BF8C-AC70A24E01B6 (resized).jpeg12F4263A-080D-44CD-9503-6B147F098ECD (resized).jpeg12F4263A-080D-44CD-9503-6B147F098ECD (resized).jpegFB778445-EC28-441D-9784-D0104BF3E906 (resized).pngFB778445-EC28-441D-9784-D0104BF3E906 (resized).png

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Sorry fellas....this debate starts and ends really quick. TIM KITZROW.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think this thread was supposed to be called "Best VO Actors in Pinball not named Tim Kitzrow". Everybody knows that!

#43 5 years ago

The guy who did the bartender in Big Bang Bar. I think he was the Capcom building security guard or something like that. "I like dat!"

#44 5 years ago

Tim curry.

#45 5 years ago

John Kassir as voice of the Cryptkeeper in TFTC.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from pindoc1:

The guy who did the bartender in Big Bang Bar. I think he was the Capcom building security guard or something like that. "I like dat!"

He probably thought he was gonna hit it big with his voice acting work, then a few months later they close the doors.

#47 5 years ago

No brainer Jess from WNBJM!

Jess-with-DNGF (resized).jpgJess-with-DNGF (resized).jpg
    #48 5 years ago

I think The Hound (Rory McCann) did well on Game of Thrones. blackwater multiball and the Super Jackpot callout with a shaker installed is great.

#49 5 years ago

Congo has some great callouts.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

This is super easy, we have a tie for the winner! Suzanne Ciani, who did Xenon. Stephanie Rogers, Bride of Pinbot. Pinball heaven whenever I hear their callouts...

Xenon!

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-voice-actors-in-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.