(Topic ID: 222068)

Best vendor to buy The new MBR remake from?

By john041160

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by heme
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cheap-pros (resized).jpg
tumblr_nwl2awdJUi1qb79r8o3_500.gif
93B18C8E-4C0B-4E0B-ACB2-634F379B8A1C.jpeg
CD703C43-A702-49E1-96DD-889FCC349FCA.jpeg

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

All of my NIB games except spooky pins come from Larry at flipnout

#52 5 years ago

Chris and Melissa at Cointaker 100%. Customer service as well as the most likable friendly people you could meet...

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado all day every day.

I convinced two of my close friends to buy from JJ at Game Exchange. Both had great experiences with them. Had a minor issue with one game right out of the box but they took care of him right away. Customer service was A+. It's easy to say a distro is good if there are no glitches but it's the ones that go the extra effort to take care of their customers that stand out in my book.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is definitely not my experience at all. They have been very fair on pricing with me.

Completely agree with this

Call Melissa @ Cointaker

#55 5 years ago

I'll let other talk me up, but I wanted to clarify the "out of state sales tax" issue.

This is for Wisconsin, so please check with your local state for your position policies.

From what I understand, if the buyer listed on the invoice is in the same state as me (Wisconsin), then I am REQUIRED to collect sales tax. On the other hand, if the buyer is in another state then I am not required. That DOES NOT mean that the buyer doesn't have to pay sales tax, it only means that I dont have to collect it.

It is up to the buyer to voluntarily let the government know they made an online, out of state purchase. If any company is telling you that they are out of state so there is no sales tax, that is it true. At least that is my understanding.

As for monster bash remake. Yes, we will have them for sale. What I ask most people is this. "Are you comfortable working on your own games (with support either via email, Skype or phone)?" If so, then buy from whomever you are comfortable with. If you need someone to deliver, install and maintain your game(s) then find a local distributor.

Also, check and see how active your local guy (gal) is. Do they support your local league? Do they work with local locations for fun tournaments? Are they hauling machines to shows, set them up and spending the weekend talking pinball (yes, this is their job, but some distributors let others do the hard work and then swoop in with "we'll beat anyone price because we dont have the overhead of doing the actual work" routine)? Are they available after hours and weekends to handle service calls? These are just a few things that set some distributors apart from the others.

At the end of the day, I dont care who you get your games from, just that you get them and enjoy them.

Let me know if you have any questions

Christopher

#56 5 years ago

I am also a huge fan of Larry at Flip N Out. I have bought all my NIB games from him. IMO he is the nicest guy in the business.

#57 5 years ago

i think the indy boys are larry fans!

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i think the indy boys are larry fans!

Illinois boy here. Dealt with many over the years but Larry is tough to beat. Straight forward and honest. He and his wife love what they do and it shows in every transaction. I say I have an interest and he takes care of every step. Heck, the day CGC let loose with the title he called me that Saturday to confirm I was still on the LE list. Class act, class company and a supporter of the shows and events we all love. Flippin Out there is no other.

(Inside voice....) I wonder if that was a bad idea, now theres going to be lines at my favorite shopping spot. Dohhh!

#59 5 years ago

Larry at Flippin Out Pinball is a great guy to do business with,He goes out of his way to be helpful

#60 5 years ago

I get all my games from Larry at FlipNOut Pinball flipnout1

I've been getting pins from Larry for years. He's been in the hobby for decades and knows everybody. He has a great relationship with the manufacturers and is a distributor for Stern, JJP, Chicago Gaming, and American Pinball.

- He's honest

- He'll deliver games personally and help set up games.

- He's always available for help/questions by phone.

I always have peace of mind dealing with Larry.

#61 5 years ago

So my buddy knows Larry and emailed him late last night for me. He had a reply first thing this morning. Still no reply from CT. Again, not trashing CT as I do think they are incredibly nice people. Just sharing my personal experience.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

So my buddy knows Larry and emailed him late last night for me. He had a reply first thing this morning. Still no reply from CT. Again, not trashing CT as I do think they are incredibly nice people. Just sharing my personal experience.

I get it .
But they have been at Pinburg all week with their booth .

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I get it .
But they have been at Pinburg all week with their booth .

I emailed over a week ago

#64 5 years ago

Cointaker as always had exceptional, first rate and superlative customer service for me. The best in the Biz in my opinion.

#65 5 years ago

I called Cointaker about a GB pro 2 weeks ago and didn't leave message when they did not answer. An hour or so later Melissa called me and said she had a missed call from me and wanted to know if she could help me with anything.

#66 5 years ago

I've called cointaker a few times in the past about pins, even emailed them and got no answer each time. That is my take on them.

#67 5 years ago

1) Pick it up yourself and save the shipping cost. Select a distributor location that you can drive to within reason.
2) Get the cash discount as well.

= the best deal you can get.

#68 5 years ago

Pinball Pro is exceptional
Greg is always available and responsive

#69 5 years ago

What's the minimum price on pros now?

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

Looking at about 5600 i believe.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

A distributor needs to move in to Delaware... No state sales tax there.

The sales tax will be required to be collected based on the state and local taxes of the BUYER not the distributor. In short, it will be a MESS to comply with.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

Probably $25 on a slow afternoon.

cheap-pros (resized).jpgcheap-pros (resized).jpg
#73 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The sales tax will be required to be collected based on the state and local taxes of the BUYER not the distributor. In short, it will be a MESS to comply with.

Yeah, it will be extremely difficult for small business owners. Not only is there state, but also county and sometimes even city taxes. Wisconsin is 5.00% sales tax. Sauk county (where I live) is another 0.50%. Wisconsin dells (local tourist trap) is another 0.10%. My local home depot charges 5.60%,where as the Menards (midwest home improvement store) is 5.50%. I know lots of other places have much higher sales taxes, but I am just illustrating how difficult and time consuming this could (will) become.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Yeah, it will be extremely difficult for small business owners. Not only is there state, but also county and sometimes even city taxes. Wisconsin is 5.00% sales tax. Sauk county (where I live) is another 0.50%. Wisconsin dells (local tourist trap) is another 0.10%. My local home depot charges 5.60%,where as the Menards (midwest home improvement store) is 5.50%. I know lots of other places have much higher sales taxes, but I am just illustrating how difficult and time consuming this could (will) become.

Unless there is a clearinghouse that handles the payments to each state/locality, it will be essentially impossible to be fully compliant if you're a small guy. Huge mess incoming.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unless there is a clearinghouse that handles the payments to each state/locality, it will be essentially impossible to be fully compliant if you're a small guy. Huge mess incoming.

Web shops on platforms like Shopify have integrated tools to figure it out for retail stores. I have one on that platform. But yeah if it’s more phone, email sales, you’ll need some POS tools to figure it out.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Web shops on platforms like Shopify have integrated tools to figure it out for retail stores. I have one on that platform. But yeah if it’s more phone, email sales, you’ll need some POS tools to figure it out.

I'm not talking about figuring out how much to charge, I'm talking about actually making the accrued tax monthly or quarterly payment to the states/counties/cities/districts. THAT will be a mess.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not talking about figuring out how much to charge, I'm talking about actually making the accrued tax monthly or quarterly payment to the states/counties/cities/districts. THAT will be a mess.

Will pretty much force small and mid-sized online merchants to use a service that tabulates that tax due as orders are taken based on the shipping address, and then makes all of the payments on your behalf. Maybe they'll even do it for "free" by keeping the interest that accrues between collection and the monthly/quarterly payments, though that's probably too much to ask for. Costly up front if you're not using an off-the-shelf store front and have to pay your web developer to integrate the new tax collection/payment services. And then you'd need a method for including phone and mail orders as well.

I have to think many of the states will coordinate to standardize things and give a decent phase-in period to make life bearable for merchants. There will be plenty of chamber of commerce lobbying on this issue for sure. But someone will no doubt go off on their own and make things difficult for everyone (I'm looking at you, California). Yeah federalism!

#78 5 years ago

I was happy with my purchase from JJ at Game Exchange.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Delaware is an hour away from me...if I go and pick it up in person, I would not be charged tax. They have places like Best Buy on the border with PA because of this. Everyone just goes down there to buy big ticket items, and bring them back across the border.

#80 5 years ago

I’d like to give a shout out to Planetary Pinball. Anyone in the western to mid western states should consider them. I recently purchased an MMR in May and the process was quick and painless. Sara was an absolute joy to work with, professional, patient and a great communicator. I had a very minor issue with the machine upon initial set up and she helped to make sure that it was taken care of. She even contacted me a couple of months later just to make sure I was happy with it.

#81 5 years ago

I purchased both remakes from PPS and had a great experience as well.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Still no reply from CT. Again, not trashing CT as I do think they are incredibly nice people. Just sharing my personal experience.

ditto, except mine was question about a product I never received. Email doesn't seem to work with some companies.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from heme:

ditto, except mine was question about a product I never received. Email doesn't seem to work with some companies.

That isn’t cool.

I seriously have no idea how much a distro makes on a game, but not responding to one email cost them $xxx.xx. It’s so strange.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looking at about 5600 i believe.

$5600 for a MBr Pro? Sign me up!

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

$5600 for a MBr Pro? Sign me up!

That would be nice but he was talking about Stern Pro's

#86 5 years ago

Not sure how relevant this comment is going to be, but if you need to have the machine shipped, find a distributor that has economy of scale regarding shipping. For example, Automated might have the best shipping rates as they ship a lot of machines, all manufacturers as well. A distributor specializing in one manufacturer might not have a shipping contract like that, because they probably ship a lot less stuff. Check shipping rates for several distributors, shipping rates might not be as uniform as you might think, although the machine cost might be more uniform across distributors. My 2 cents...

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

That isn’t cool.
I seriously have no idea how much a distro makes on a game, but not responding to one email cost them $xxx.xx. It’s so strange.

it is strange, isn't it. Honestly thought the communication issue was more isolated until I saw this thread.
I don't mind calling If I have to, but If I had to call every person I sent emails to, I'd be on the phone all day.

My only thoughts are, that they probably got disheartened after the alien and dutch pinball catastrophes.
Could imagine, there were a lot of unhappy customers to deal with during that timeframe.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-vendor-to-buy-the-new-mbr-remake-from/page/2?hl=joehog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.