(Topic ID: 222068)

Best vendor to buy The new MBR remake from?

By john041160

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by heme
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cheap-pros (resized).jpg
tumblr_nwl2awdJUi1qb79r8o3_500.gif
93B18C8E-4C0B-4E0B-ACB2-634F379B8A1C.jpeg
CD703C43-A702-49E1-96DD-889FCC349FCA.jpeg
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Topic says it all.
Thanks

#2 5 years ago

I was going to ask this yesterday.

#3 5 years ago

Yes - I would like to know this as well. I'd like to order one.

#4 5 years ago

Cointaker is who I got my AFMr from and where I get all my nib stern games.

#5 5 years ago

While I haven't received my machine yet, Pinballstar has been great.

#6 5 years ago

Has the pricing been released?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Has the pricing been released?

Not yet

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Cointaker is who I got my AFMr from and where I get all my nib stern games.

Cointaker always markups the in demand games. When i was searching for my afmr Le they were by far the most expensive dealer. I went with Hemisphere amusements. That’s who I will be buying my monster bash remake from

#9 5 years ago

I’ve bought all my games from Pinballs.com. Happy with price and especially service.

#10 5 years ago

Got my last 2 games from game exchange Colorado.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Cointaker always markups the in demand games. When i was searching for my afmr Le they were by far the most expensive dealer. I went with Hemisphere amusements. That’s who I will be buying my monster bash remake from

That has not been my experience with them. Guess the only way for any prospective buyer to find out is to call them and other dealers and see who offers the best deal. CGC games generally are not allowed to be discounted and tend to be sold at the manufacturers price.

#12 5 years ago

The retail price can vary as it can cost more than $600 to ship a game from Chicago to some states

#13 5 years ago

Pinballpro.com

Will have MBr, and currently have all AFM and MMR models in stock (LE sold out)

Greg

#14 5 years ago

Joe at PinballStar has my vote!!

#15 5 years ago

Ask for a cash discount, you could save up to 2.5%.

#16 5 years ago

If I do get one...it'll be from cointaker. Had a great experience with them with my Iron Maiden pro. I don't live too far from them so it was delivery and tax free! Plus their delivery people were super friendly and helpful!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Joe at PinballStar has my vote!!

Mine too. Joe is a great guy!

#18 5 years ago

From my experience, cointaker did not mark up any game (NIB). I've only had good experiences with them.

#19 5 years ago

JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado all day every day.

#20 5 years ago

Pinballs.com ask for Mike #1

93B18C8E-4C0B-4E0B-ACB2-634F379B8A1C.jpeg93B18C8E-4C0B-4E0B-ACB2-634F379B8A1C.jpegCD703C43-A702-49E1-96DD-889FCC349FCA.jpegCD703C43-A702-49E1-96DD-889FCC349FCA.jpeg
#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

This is definitely not my experience at all. They have been very fair on pricing with me.

#22 5 years ago

I bought MMR and AFMLE from planetary pinball. They have been awesome to work with and I will be buying MBR through them as well. They were also the cheapest when I priced checked around.

#23 5 years ago

Something to consider. Over and above the retail price of the game, many (most?) distributors charge shipping. Check on how much that is as it varies from distributor to distributor. $300-400 is not uncommon. Also, be aware that if you purchase from a distributor in your home state, they are likely to charge you sales tax, which will add an additional $500 or more to the total price depending on local sales tax. People who purchase from an out of state distributor are not asked to pay sales tax I am told.

#24 5 years ago

Ditto PinballStar
I’ve bought DILE and HobbitLE from Joe in the last year. He will continue to get my business!

#25 5 years ago

Hemisphere Amusements was always fair priced and great to deal with, they also have been on top of any issues I had with my new pins. If I buy a MBr it will definitely be with this company.

#26 5 years ago

CHeck with Chris at Kingpingames.net

#27 5 years ago

Whether people agree with me or not that was the experience i got over at cointaker trying to get my afmr le. Not bashing the company

#28 5 years ago

Chris at Kingpin Games. He posts here. Usually has free shipping for veterans and doubles factory warranty.

LTG : )

#30 5 years ago

Was talking to a pinball guy around here recently and he brought up the online sales tax. Everyone should get their items paid for before the online sales tax goes in affect. Soon you'll be paying shipping and taxes on a pinball regardless of what outside state it comes from.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Was talking to a pinball guy around here recently and he brought up the online sales tax. Everyone should get their items paid for before the online sales tax goes in affect. Soon you'll be paying shipping and taxes on a pinball regardless of what outside state it comes from.

A distributor needs to move in to Delaware... No state sales tax there.

#32 5 years ago

OP, since you are in Florida, try Curly at Little Shop of Games

#33 5 years ago

Question along the same lines. If I was going to buy a new iron maiden pro AND MBR, are there any distributors other than cointaker that offer both, and are there any that might offer discounts for buying 2 games at once?

#34 5 years ago

I’ve found CoinTaker to be very hit or miss. I was in on IMLE very early on but getting them to send me an invoice was like pulling teeth. Yes I got the game but it wasn’t a great experience.

Then I asked about MBrLE. Crickets. No response. Not even a “we don’t have pricing or details yet, but I’ll put you on the list”. I’ll be going elsewhere for MBrLE (if I go that route over original.) It’s a shame too because I would really like to build a rapport with a distributor instead of buying one here and one there.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pinballs.com ask for Mike #1
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pinballs.com is my go to vendor also. Mike is a great guy. Met him twice, great showroom.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I’ve found CoinTaker to be very hit or miss. I was in on IMLE very early on but getting them to send me an invoice was like pulling teeth. Yes I got the game but it wasn’t a great experience.
Then I asked about MBrLE. Crickets. No response. Not even a “we don’t have pricing or details yet, but I’ll put you on the list”. I’ll be going elsewhere for MBrLE (if I go that route over original.) It’s a shame too because I would really like to build a rapport with a distributor instead of buying one here and one there.

From what I understand, CT will not give deals below Sterns new minimum sales price, regardless of purchase history. I believe the "free shipping" is their way around it for now.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

From what I understand, CT will not give deals below Sterns new minimum sales price, regardless of purchase history. I believe the "free shipping" is their way around it for now.

I wasn’t even looking for a deal. I just wanted the game. I never even asked a price.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

They got in trouble for that with twd, bunch of guys around here got them for 4000 since they went in on a group buy. They also got them before location ops...

#39 5 years ago

I tried reaching out to Cointaker awhile back on a Metallica pro, but they never contacted me back.

Instead I went with JJ from the Game Exchange, and they were awesome.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I do love Cointaker and have purchased quite a few pins with them (3-4 this year alone). If there is one thing that keeps them from being top notch, it's definitely communication. I know they're super busy with shows, etc. but they should invest in a way to stay on top of customers. I always have to call/text/email for multiple days at a time in some cases, making me feel like a dick. But if we're shelling out 6-9k per pin, there should be some more hasty response times.

I too sent an email recently about MBLE and a few other questions, only 1 of the 4 I asked was answered and it wasn't this one, so I'm with you.

#41 5 years ago

If you are looking for someone who is reliable and provides total assurance of your purchase definitely call Larry at Flip N Out Pinball. He has been selling Chicago Gaming Company’s pinball machines since the beginning and has a great relationship with the manufacturer. When people buy from Larry, the often find their distributor for life. I appreciate him because as a customer I never worry about my purchase; he is always there for his customers, which usually become friends.

He will have MBr ready for you as soon as they are available. Call him now and thank me later.

Flip N Out Pinball also sells Stern Pinball, Jersey Jack Pinball, American Pinball, and Escalera the starclimbing handtruck. Truly your one-stop-shop for all things pinball.

#42 5 years ago

I second Larry at Flip N Out! Fantastic dealer!

#43 5 years ago

I will third Larry, good dude and easy to deal with.

#44 5 years ago

Larry at Flip N Out is great! I highly recommend working with him and have heard nothing but good things about him from others as well

#45 5 years ago

Flip N Out Pinball

Great experience every time with this company...

Just ask for Larry! (the only employee)
He’s the one that will answer the phone.
He’s the one that will order your product.
He’s the one that will follow up on shipment or delivery.
He’s the one that will take care of any issues in future.
Hands down #1 establishment to buy NIB games....period.

-Jason

#46 5 years ago

I have also bought NIB machines from Larry at Flip N Out, he is great and I highly recommending him!

EDIT: After all the recent posts about Larry, gotta add this (not sure if it adds context or not)

tumblr_nwl2awdJUi1qb79r8o3_500.giftumblr_nwl2awdJUi1qb79r8o3_500.gif

#47 5 years ago

Add my vote for Larry at flipnout1 ! I buy all my games from Larry and he has been nothing but excellent!

#48 5 years ago

Oh yeah forgot to mention his vast selection of companies he’s a distributer for. That should tell you something

-Jason

#49 5 years ago

I’ll be calling Larry I guess? Lol.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I’ll be calling Larry I guess? Lol.

Larry will be your guy from here on out....Guaranteed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-vendor-to-buy-the-new-mbr-remake-from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.