(Topic ID: 307989)

Best value Stern (Pro) or JJP (Se)?

By UVAJED

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220116_040420 (resized).jpg
    marketplace (resized).png
    IMG_20211024_003950 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220115_015555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 2 years ago

Best bang these days. Shadow, hands down. If you want modern, X-men LE is the craziest steal - the deal is so good, you'll think the seller has suffered brain damage. If you want quality for cash, Dialed In is undervalued.

#30 2 years ago

Transformers?? It's not a good game compared to X-men or Iron Man etc. It's more playable than Avengers I, but it's generally a pretty crap game. I can't believe WWE is showing up in here. That's just cruel guys.

Walking dead is okay, but I find the pop bumper/lanes setup kinda lame. Fatboy and the smash house are okay, I guess. The ramps and the drops/modes code is what makes the game cool, but it gets redundant pretty quick. I've never seen it as A-list, but clearly many love it more than me.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

No one mentioned A list until you. This is not about 8K games or A list games.

My understanding is that we're trying to suggest the best games for good value. A-list games can also be good value. I consider x-men an A-list game. I consider Shadow and A++ list game. Last time I checked, they are pretty far from 8k. If you want to pay 8k for either, please PM me.

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Shadow is not a Stern. X-Men I agree with it being a good Stern value but you keep mentioning the term "A list" for no apparent reason. A game can certainly be a good value without conflating terminologies, (as you suggested). There could be some outside edge suggestions here, sure but let's the OP hash out what is and is not a "crap game". Simpsons seems to have doubled in price in the last 3 years... I just can't honestly suggest that to someone looking for a great value, even if the game is solid. (I did not purposely point it out because it's "not a good game" but because the price it sells for seems either "spot on" or "too high".)

When were we limited to Stern? When did I bring up Simpsons? Are you replying to the correct person? Did you eat some edibles thinking they are the same as a bong hit?

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Game of Thrones pro is an overlooked gem IMO and last I saw they were in the TWD/ST/SM range of pricing. Can’t go wrong with any of those games, they’re all fun as hell.

Totally. GOT pro is better than the premium and it's deep, deep, deep. Satisfying shots and good scoring. Love that game.

Quoted from TheLaw:

If I'm looking at non Sheets Borg games...
    TMNT, Munsters, GOTG, Aerosmith, Kiss..... Nothing that interests me.

Kiss if tuned well is suprisingly a fun game. I was shocked at how much fun I had playing it once I got in the groove.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm assuming this is the revamped catch phrase of "dialed in" people used to use but no, have it set up correctly has nothing to do with it.
    For me of course, everyone's diff'rent.
    Enjoy GOT Pro everyone, SR/Dwight came up with a great scoring system that won't be appreciated for a long time.

Haven't really heard of setup problems with dialed in... I found that the Gene head on Kiss can be crap as with the Paul bumper zone. If those are working well, I find the game to be pretty fun.

#62 2 years ago

Sorry to bore you. I thought you were legitimately interested

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"Dialed in" means a "well set up game,' not the JJP machine od the same name

Lol. I must have been drunk again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-value-stern-pro-or-jjp-se?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.