(Topic ID: 307989)

Best value Stern (Pro) or JJP (Se)?

By UVAJED

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220116_040420 (resized).jpg
    marketplace (resized).png
    IMG_20211024_003950 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220115_015555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 2 years ago

In my opinion the best "value" games out there are TWD Pro, Met Pro, or TSPP. TSPP is an incredible game with great them integration, although prices has crept up lately (like everything else)....TWD is probably Lymans best coded game to date, and very underrated.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

TSPP I don't think so... While it's a good game, it's way overpriced right now.

relatively speaking I totally disagree

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Did you even read the title of the thread?

Yep....just threw it out there, which is why I said the price has creeped up lately (at least for games that have been upgraded i.e. color dmd, powder coated, led's, etc). I've still seen stock TSPP's locally in the $5-6K range.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Seriously? 2017 called and they want their price guide back. I'd hate to see a train wrecked 5K TSPP these days. Probably needed at MINIMUM a PF swap...

I hear ya on pricing. I picked up a really nice stock TSPP with a perfect cabinet, 400 game plays, perfect play field for $5500 about a year a go. I completely shopped the game, and added game blades, color dmd, LED's, invisiglass, and Cliffy protectors. I guess these have gotten a lot more expensive like everything else?

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Stern has yet to make a better pin than Spiderman, except for maybe Metallica. I put them neck and neck, but with Met you have to spend more for a Premium. So, SM wins on price. If you can find a clean, non-vault edition, home used SM grab it! They were $4500-$5000 for almost a decade. Now they're in the $6's.
    Nice examples of Simpsons and LOTR are getting expensive as the themes have huge fan bases and they are hard to find in very nice shape. $7500-$8k?
    I think you can still get a nice Ripley's for <$5k, which is tough to beat value-wise. Or a nice Pirates for <$6k.
    These NIB stripped-down Pros for $7k are a terrible value IMO.

The original SM is great, as is the Met Pro....I would put TWD Pro up against both of those titles if u can get over the ugly art work

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

And all 3 of those have one thing in common... "Lyman". TWD is really Lyman's masterpiece though. Both SM and Met have a tendency to to feel like chopping wood and can be a grind to play, whereas on TWD it doesn't feel that way at all. The saving grace in Metallica is the Crank it up modes because of the risk/reward nature of the modes. In TWD all of the modes and multiballs have a similar feel of risk/reward and anyone of them can be blown up for huge points if executed correctly. The use of the shot multiplier in the game is one of the most exciting risk/reward features ever implemented. It takes what was done in ACDC with multipliers and song jackpots and implements it in a much more balanced way across all features of the game. It has my favorite software/rules of any game ever made although Stern JP comes really close. It's such an underrated game and it "should" be in the Pinside top 10 just based on Lyman's code alone.

Yea he really knows how to make a game fun and rewarding. I agree its probably the most under rated game on PinSide

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-value-stern-pro-or-jjp-se?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.