Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best Value NIB game ”

• Stern The Pin (Home Pin) 0 votes
    • Stern Pro 8 votes
      50%
    • Chigago Gaming SE 6 votes
      38%
    • American Pinball 1 vote
      6%
    • Pinball Bros (Alien) 0 votes
    • Spooky Pinball 0 votes
    • Stern Premium 1 vote
      6%

(16 votes)

#1 1 year ago

I know it’s subjective, eye of the beholder type of question.

I recall back a few years ago CGC was selling AFM or MB for $6K (maybe plus shipping) and you’d have to pay extra for colorized display. (But I saw this as same similar to people buying Color DMD). Anyway to me that was such a good deal.

Now the cheapest CGC is $8K but it does come with a super size color display so (not a bad deal in relation to $6K of old CGC with color).

The cheapest Stern pins are $7K (?) I’m sorry don’t know the going price of Stern pro but let’s say $7K. Someone correct my estimate if I’m off. But most Stern should include shipping where CGC doesn’t.

So looks like $7K (Stern pro) $8500 (CGC) almost $9K (Stern premium).

Most people would say CGC is closer to Stern premium anyway so it splits the difference.

American Pinball seems to be a good deal $7k (Hot wheels) I’m not sure what Valhalla costs.

Not sure if any others are in the value discussion.

#2 1 year ago

NIB Stern Pros can be had for under $7k shipped. That's the best value in pinball currently.

#3 1 year ago

I don't know. If you already have the base module 3500 for a Heist or Weird Al seems like a good deal to me.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I know it’s subjective, eye of the beholder type of question.
    I recall back a few years ago CGC was selling AFM or MB for $6K (maybe plus shipping) and you’d have to pay extra for colorized display. (But I saw this as same similar to people buying Color DMD). Anyway to me that was such a good deal.
    Now the cheapest CGC is $8K but it does come with a super size color display so (not a bad deal in relation to $6K of old CGC with color).
    The cheapest Stern pins are $7K (?) I’m sorry don’t know the going price of Stern pro but let’s say $7K. Someone correct my estimate if I’m off. But most Stern should include shipping where CGC doesn’t.
    So looks like $7K (Stern pro) $8500 (CGC) almost $9K (Stern premium).
    Most people would say CGC is closer to Stern premium anyway so it splits the difference.
    American Pinball seems to be a good deal $7k (Hot wheels) I’m not sure what Valhalla costs.
    Not sure if any others are in the value discussion.

This year I spent $6700 on DeadPool Pro and $8300 on CCr SE, both NIB.

Deadpool is just awesome. I beat it for the 2nd time yesterday and still am probably going to go play it in a moment. It's super fast, interesting, great code, and has just enough visually on the PF (katana ramp, lil DP, truck, spinners, drops, and hammock DP) that it seems dynamic enough and not bare.

Meanwhile CCr is a mech machine. Move over GZ Prem. CCr is all mechs, toys, and ramps. Add in the beer glass (like Elvira gargoyles) and the pop up posts and shootout targets and it's even better. Then throw in the color changing speakers and the large DMD w/ high-res dots, and this game is f'ing loaded. I can get to High Noon if I'm really dialed in that evening. Probably been there half a dozen times. But the game is awesome and is built like a tank.

So if you think both are good value for what you get at their respective price tags, and if the price difference isn't an issue, it really comes down to whether you want a Stern or classic B/W game.

Honorable mention: I did get a floor model AIQ Pro for far less than NIB pricing and that's arguably the best value because that game is also loaded for a Pro and was less than NIB. I had a chance to scoop another title recently on basically the same deal, but I'm out of space, money, and the titles in question weren't my cup of tea... but if those weren't issues, floor models are great deals!

#5 1 year ago

OK thanks for the price update that Stern pro $6700 and CCr $8300

I view CC remake as directly compared to Stern premium (plus) with mechanisms and build quality (betters speakers than Stern if they are like my AFM LE speakers).

I'm ordering a CC + topper, CCr LE would have been even a better deal than Stern LEs but I missed out on that.

#6 1 year ago

You need to add a Poll..

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

You need to add a Poll..

I will just waiting until I get a few more opinions so I don’t miss any.

I’ll say value does not only mean lowest price because the home pin is cheaper the Stern pro. If for example maybe CGC gives Stern premium features at a lower price than Stern premium.

#8 1 year ago

TMNT pro

#9 1 year ago

Bought one NIB and it’s a rare case of me not missing it after it left. All the different playing modes at start were awesome, but the scoring was terrible and some of the shots were just too clunky. If you can’t hit triple krang after a million attempts in a game, you can kiss cowabunga goodbye. Also if Lair is clunky, kiss Training (and it’s mini wizard) goodbye.

It is a loaded Pro though.

Quoted from rai:

If for example maybe CGC gives Stern premium features at a lower price than Stern premium.

It does.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Bought one NIB and it’s a rare case of me not missing it after it left. All the different playing modes at start were awesome, but the scoring was terrible and some of the shots were just too clunky. If you can’t hit triple krang after a million attempts in a game, you can kiss cowabunga goodbye. Also if Lair is clunky, kiss Training (and it’s mini wizard) goodbye.
    It is a loaded Pro though.

It does.

Same here, not a bad game at all but didn't feel a desire to keep it after 6 months. Traded it fir a Deadpool pro and never looked back.

In my opinion stern pro games are the best value of there nib.

#11 1 year ago

Maybe Elwin pros AIQ/GZ/JP or a Rush pro.
    Not much “value” NIB anymore vs seeking out lightly played second hand game as market softens a bit.

#12 1 year ago

Another vote for CCr SE or SE+

#13 1 year ago

CGC doesn't have the usual development costs with their titles, other than the embelishments. A Stern Pro still has to have all that design of original code and video content. So CCr is cool, but the code and video on Sterns is deep

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from m00nmuppet:

CGC doesn't have the usual development costs with their titles, other than the embelishments. A Stern Pro still has to have all that design of original code and video content. So CCr is cool, but the code and video on Sterns is deep

So this would be true up until CCr if you get a chance to play one at a collectors house you can turn on the original code and see how much was done. This is almost a new game entirely infact they had to create a new OS different from the Bally/Williams just so they could complete this game. The original had 1 mode and didn't have Bionic Bart or even a match screen for that matter! Also there will be a much deeper enhanced code with new hardware coming but the value in that is yet TBD cuz pricing is NA yet.

#15 1 year ago

They are all shit values to be honest

Deadpool pro is probably the “best”

#16 1 year ago

I left JJP and Dutch off obviously, great pins but with the price up over $12K value doesn't seem be what they are after.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-value-in-nib-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.