7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I need a bunch of both bayonet for older games (89?) and wedge style for newer games. I saw a warning on their site about the size being too big to fit through the hole and dont want to mess around. Any advice would be appreciated. the dont have a phone number and i need to order them immediately.

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/25-pack-8smdg18tower.htm

RB

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sure, depends on application, game and brightness.
    Think also of the amount of diodes and direction they face.
    The 2 Standard work horses are the Flat 8's in both bases.
    The shoot a large amount of light, Face forward, and are the staples found from all vendors.
    Lets address, the metal base ones.
    If you want light in all directions, the one that matches closes in brightness are the 5 SMD towers on the Bayonet base. If you wish to go brighter, you would use the ones in the picture.
    The width of the base is the same as all others, the top is a little wider, which doesnt mean it wont fit, it just means in some games, mostly Gottlieb, youd need to insert from the Top of the playfield. There is even a tower that has more, in this series for even more light, in a uniform circle and top.
    In wedge, 5 SMD, also will be close to incandescent, and should be used with Capped Flashers above the playfield to Match the brightness that one is use to.
    Add more diodes, it gets brighter.
    My personal method is 5 SMD flashers when close to the eyes, and the 10 SMD Aluminum ones in the Back.
    8 SMD Flat for Backbox, and Flex heads and Matrix splitters to move the light to more area, or for it to be angled.
    Ie. Whiplash in Iron Man has 2 flex, one facing forward, the other back to the Pops in Blue and
    it rocks!
    Think of your eyes, the age of the game, and the location of the flashers.
    All the choices are there for certain reasons, and a bunch are there because people asked or it served a very specific function.
    My tool box has Flat 8's, Flexes, 5 SMD towers, and 10 SMD towers, and this covers 85% plus of my needs.
    Metallica got the big towers or larger in the link you shared.
    Matrix, if you want to tap and add flashers to your Backbox, Apron, Mods, etc.
    Hope this helps, my friend.
    Email Ryan and Janet at [email protected]

I think it helps Arthur. Games I need to replace the flashers in are victory, tx sector and TAF. I did a genesis with your flashers and replaced them from the top because I was replacing the ramps anyway but in these 2 gottliebs I was hoping to get at them from underneath to save time.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

On the Gottliebs, since Im unfamiliar, look at whats flashing, and your brightness wishes.
    Id start with a Flat 8, youll always use them, and having some around is helpful, or grab one from another.
    For the Barrel Towers, youll know if they fit if you have some wiggle room, 1mm, when you try a flat. If its there, they should fit.
    No a huge cost gamble if the height of it even can hold the height of the tower itself.
    No way to know, drill hole sizes vary a bunch on Gottliebs, even on the same game, 2 holes can be different.

thanks art. I will order a bunch. looks like you are in a new business. hows it going?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-universal-comet-led-flashers?tu=rcbrown316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.