Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bridget_loves_bernie (resized).jpg
the-fugitive-barry-morse-with-a-crazed-bruce-dern (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago

Yeah Cheers ending had everyone all up in their feels. Sam's last line, "Sorry, we're closed..." Then credits. Tito get me some tissue.

#53 4 years ago

Six Feet Under
Lost

I was NOT crying during either I had dirt in my eye DAMMIT !

#54 4 years ago

The Shield. Ending is epic. Best crime show ever. Get through the first few episodes and you'll be hooked.

#55 4 years ago

Man, the Shield was so good.

#56 4 years ago

Six Million Dollar Man....They deconstructed Steve Austin for not paying his medical bills!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#57 4 years ago

Yep, I watched The Shield from day one, and bits and pieces of The Commish.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Six Million Dollar Man....They deconstructed Steve Austin for not paying his medical bills!

Was that after Bigfoot kicked his ass?

#58 4 years ago

NOT THIS

original battlestar gallactica ended very poorly, they found earth... um... yeah... and then hung out for a while...
yeah...

-mof

#59 4 years ago

Guess who?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#60 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

original battlestar gallactica ended very poorly, they found earth...

Better than landing on Uranus?

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

The Shield. Ending is epic. Best crime show ever. Get through the first few episodes and you'll be hooked.

Pretty much the best show ever. I've watched the whole series probably 5-6+ times and the first 4 seasons at least 10x. I can't believe it is coming up on 20 years old.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Cheers ending had everyone all up in their feels. Sam's last line, "Sorry, we're closed..." Then credits. Tito get me some tissue.

And walking back taking the time to straighten coach's picture of Geronimo on the wall.

LTG : )

#63 4 years ago

Star Trek the Next Generation surely my most memorable ending.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And walking back taking the time to straighten coach's picture of Geronimo on the wall.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nice now, although none of us knew it at the time!

#66 4 years ago

St. Elsewhere
Newhart

#67 4 years ago

Uff how could I forget, Adventures of Brisco County JR.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

For my money The Americans finale is the best episode of TV ever, let alone a finale.

This was an excellent series, perfectly rounded off.

#69 4 years ago

M*A*S*H

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nice now, although none of us knew it at the time!

Thank you, I didn't know that. I didn't watch it when it was in regular syndication, I saw it some years later.

#71 4 years ago

I'd add The Wire (HBO). A great series and an ending that put a new perspective on the meaning of the series.

#72 4 years ago

Some already mentioned. Breaking Bad and Newhart. Lots over the years that have made me shed tears.

Although the show already had run it's course I liked the end of the That 70s Show. Red and Kitty selling the house and moving to Florida. The camera flipping on Kitty and her showing the house was great. Red finally getting Packers season tickets and they decide to stay home in Wisconsin.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Six Feet Under
Lost
I was NOT crying during either I had dirt in my eye DAMMIT !

Lost ? Oh noooooo ! I guess I’m in the other camp that thought the cheesy ending was treason.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

STNG & Angel
Newhart & St/ Elswhere both good out of the boxers

+1 For Angel.

#75 4 years ago

House M.D.

#76 4 years ago

Loved House, hated the last season. It got weird and the ending was just meh. I kept thinking a few years later we'd get a House made for TV movie follow up..but nope.

Oh..speaking of which. I liked the end of Psyche. They had the follow up movie which was okay, but there's another movie coming out sometime this year.

#77 4 years ago

Newhart
M*A*S*H
and one I haven’t seen mentioned yet, Mary Tyler Moore Show, with the last newscast, group hug, and studio audience standing ovation.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Came here to mention The Shield. Might be the most overlooked show ever. It’s incredible.

#79 4 years ago

How could you overlook The Shield when it was on the TV every week? One thing my daughter's mother and I had in common.

Our family, whoever was around, watched the Bob Newhart show and at the rest of that historical Saturday night lineup. Saw most if not all the original episodes. So by the time the next version came out I was kinda Newharted out, but watched a few episodes. Didn't see the finale. That's why I consulted you guys.

#80 4 years ago

Newhart still takes the cake. Ballsy and unexpected and got everybody right where it counts - even though they were basically blowing off the entire new series!

I hate the Lost finale with a passion 10 years ago, but we are Rewatching it with our (10 year old) son right now so this should be interesting...

STTNG stand out from the pack to be sure.

Also Quantum Leap, even though the ending was rushed and restructured at the last minute. We need more shows like that today.

#81 4 years ago

What I'd like to know is after all these years and happy endings, how is The Fugitive still in the top 3? Could it be guest appearances by Bruce Dern?

the-fugitive-barry-morse-with-a-crazed-bruce-dern (resized).jpgthe-fugitive-barry-morse-with-a-crazed-bruce-dern (resized).jpg
#83 4 years ago

Another vote for Pysch. Really good series from beginning to end.

#84 4 years ago

Parks and Recreation

I think the whole show is super underrated, but that whole last season finale included did a hell of a job with those characters. I don't think any other show has had me care so much about an entire cast.

#85 4 years ago

Crime Story

Original storyline was for 5-year series. It ended up being canceled before the end of the second season, so in the series finale they piled the good guys and the bad guys into the same plane and drove it nose-first into the ocean.

#86 4 years ago

The finale of Bridget Loves Bernie has to be one of the all time greats.

Where they get a divorce and then she figures out she is a lesbian.

bridget_loves_bernie (resized).jpgbridget_loves_bernie (resized).jpg
#87 4 years ago

M*A*S*H
Breaking Bad
Battlestar Galactica (reboot)

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The finale of Bridget Loves Bernie has to be one of the all time greats.
Where they get a divorce and then she figures out she is a lesbian.[quoted image]

Hmmm, never heard of it, but I guess it's a good example of life imitating art.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, the best thing they ever did was ending that show.

I often imagine that they're all still in that jail cell together. Then I

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Many will disagree but the last Episode of "Lost" inspired me to watch the entire thing. Yeah,tuned into the finale due to hype so knew the ending.

Unbelievable...you might be, no way to prove this, but you might be the only person on planet Earth that thinks that! Kidding, maybe reverse watch is the way to go. Loved the series, ending sort of ruined the entire experience for me.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

M*A*S*H
Breaking Bad
Battlestar Galactica (reboot)

As long as you're not saying the extended version of the BSG Finale. That version felt like it was never going to end.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Unbelievable...you might be, no way to prove this, but you might be the only person on planet Earth that thinks that! Kidding, maybe reverse watch is the way to go. Loved the series, ending sort of ruined the entire experience for me.

Lost started extremely strong, first season is right up there with the best start to any show I've seen and the transition into the second season was masterful. But the wheels fell off for good a few seasons before the finale, so I didn't take it too hard when they weren't able to tie everything together at the end.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Hmmm, never heard of it, but I guess it's a good example of life imitating art.

He’s taking the piss. That show was hugely controversial, but not for reasons you’d think (and which basically make no sense today). It only made it a year, and the 2 leads did get divorced - but only in real life

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

As long as you're not saying the extended version of the BSG Finale. That version felt like it was never going to end.

What's the extended version of the BSG Finale? Would that have been the one I saw on Netflix? Or did they repackage it as a separate thing?

#95 4 years ago

One more Fugitive thing and I'm done as O-din and myself are the geezers of the thread.

That last scene clip left out the best part (I had to watch it. It's been a while). A few minutes before when a wounded Gerard hands the gun to Kimble and says "go get him". Here's a cop who's been chasing our hero, a convicted felon, who's been chasing the elusive one-armed man for about 120 episodes over 4 years. You betcha it made everyone go nuts!

Also, The Fugitive had everyone who was (or almost) big time in the 60's as a guest star at some point.

My favorite Robert Conrad show closing quote - "A city with a million lights cast 10 million shadows... All refuge for a Man on the run... A Man like... The Fugitive."

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

When fuckface Todd shows up, my interest starts to wane.

Not a Ricky Hitler fan, eh?

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, it was pretty good. I'm gathering you and I may be the only ones here that watched it.
It was only fitting what they did with their private jet that has been with them since the beginning, and has appeared nonchalantly throughout the entire series.

That was a special jet. But JJ going all John McClane on Lynch was pretty awesome.

For a lot of people the show was too gruesome at times. But for me, it was always about the amazing cast. Even with some major cast changes in the last few years, I thought the show continued on pretty well.

#98 4 years ago

Glad to see a few votes for Six Feet Under. The entire series is such an emotional roller coaster, the last 7 or 8 minutes is so beautifully done, I don't think it could have been executed better. I will totally admit I cried.

I will also throw in The Office's ending, I didn't see it mentioned yet. I know it's not at the end, but when Michael shows up, it's fantastic.
-Chrissi

#99 4 years ago

Sopranos had an ending? I thought my dish died. What a horrible ending. Lost sucked too. Dexter... omg

Best:
Six Feet Under (Arguably best final EVER)
Breaking Bad
Futurama
Seinfeld was a good ending with all the characters there
Mary Tyler Moore

Hopefully The Simpsons as it should have ended >20 years ago. Show is just BRUTAL Any final would be great. Just end it already.

#100 4 years ago

Interesting how many people are saying Seinfeld when I remember the finale being universally hated after it first aired.

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-tv-series-endings/page/2?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.