Best TSPP cabinet I have ever seen?

By Benepinballs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

ebay.com link: THE SIMPSONS PINBALL PARTY MACHINE FULL LED BRIGHT CABINET BY STERNLK

Ok here is the link, I have had a lot of Simpsons over the years and have never seen a cabinet this bright and clear. Are these decals?

#2 10 years ago

Link doesn't seem to work.

#4 10 years ago

Wow. That is a bright cabinet. Too bad the price isn't as nice.

Edit: Sure looks like decals. My cabinet is really pixelated.

#5 10 years ago

Different runs had differences in cabinet art "looks".
Some are really washed out and faded looking, I've also seen some that have registration problems with the cabinet.
Maybe that one is just a really nice one, but zero flipper button wear might make you think twice about them being original.

#6 10 years ago

I am just guessing, but I think someone airbrushed the cabinet. Some of the colors are definitely not the same as on any of the Stern cabinets. Coin door has been replaced as well indicating possible restoration.

Second guess would be decals.

Either way, it looks great.

#7 10 years ago

There are some non-official cabinet decals going around where someone has vectorized the original collage and printed it in high quality. The Stern cabs were meant to look a bit like newspaper print, but they just look faded if you ask me. I like these repros quite a bit.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

There are some non-official cabinet decals going around where someone has vectorized the original collage and printed it in high quality.

^ This.

It looks a lot better, I think it's a dealer that has done this, so I don't foresee them being released.

#9 10 years ago

Well whatever it is it looks fantastic.

#10 10 years ago

In contrast, very filthy inside of the cabinet.

#11 10 years ago

looks great. i have had decals done to a couple of these and i think the bright looks way better than pixelated. that being said, i have a HUO and would not change the sides unless something dramatic happened (ie wolverine or freddy came by and played).

#12 10 years ago

That cabinet looks awesome. That was one thing I hated about TSPP is the faded/washed out looking cabinet art.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

looks great. i have had decals done to a couple of these and i think the bright looks way better than pixelated. that being said, i have a HUO and would not change the sides unless something dramatic happened (ie wolverine or FREDDY came by and played).

I agree. I wouldn't mess with mine either. It's all about personal preference.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Maybe that one is just a really nice one, but zero flipper button wear might make you think twice about them being original.

No way that's factory, but mine got 5 mil mylar around the flipper buttons from day one. No wear around the flipper buttons. Of all the games to add mylar around the flipper buttons, TSPP should be at the top of the list IMO. No way you'd want to block that art with armor.

The alignment of the 'The Simpsons' badge on the left side of the cab is way off. As I said above, no way that's factory

Quoted from NightTrain:

That cabinet looks awesome. That was one thing I hated about TSPP is the faded/washed out looking cabinet art.

I think it looks horrible. I like the washed out look. It makes the main characters stand out and rightly puts the supporting characters in the background. Now, the whole friggin game looks like a way too bright billboard. Naturally, he's also ruined the playfield with bad LEDS. No thanks at any price. That game looks ruined to me.

#15 10 years ago

Man. If those are decals I want a set for mine. Looks much nicer than the stock faded background characters.

/"rover" ebay links from here never work for me for some reason

#16 10 years ago

Nicer than the original artwork?

Note there are some major flaws on this run.

Take a look at the right lower cabinet: half of Homer's face is way too dark.

Looks like he just ate an entire bowl of chocolate pudding by himself with no spoon.

That's not right.

Neither is the artwork on his face.

#17 10 years ago

I have a HUO TSPP and it looks nothing like this one.

#18 10 years ago

That does look nice, but I prefer the way the muted characters create a background for the large main characters.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

That does look nice, but I prefer the way the muted characters create a background for the large main characters.

Yeah the newspaper like pixilation really made the main characters pop. I'd say only the main characters had that clarity or vibrance.

#20 10 years ago

Other than Homer's face that is waaaaay better.

#21 10 years ago

I agree ! Where can I get a set ?

#22 10 years ago

Yes they are decals, and no, they are not publicly available for purchase.

#23 10 years ago

I would guess this is a digital camera and colors are saturated. Not true color.

Looks great in pics though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-tspp-cabinet-i-have-ever-seen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.