(Topic ID: 154786)

Best transport company to ship a pinball machine?

By KornFreak28

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ZNET
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hi guys!

What would be the best and most highly recommended transport company to ship a pinball machine that is reasonable with prices?

Any good or bad experiences you would like to share will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

I have used STI/NAVL with success and always dealt with Michelle. Don't use this company:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-less-acdc-biblewritten-off

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Was that Day and ross?

Yes, they ship in Canada so you don't have to worry about using them. The important thing is to make sure you can insure the entire amount of the machine in case you would have an unfortunate event like this happen. STI/NAVL can be pricey however I know a few people who had good luck making claims when damage did occur.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Yes, they ship in Canada so you don't have to worry about using them. The important thing is to make sure you can insure the entire amount of the machine in case you would have an unfortunate event like this happen. STI/NAVL can be pricey however I know a few people who had good luck making claims when damage did occur.

What is the frequency of damage to this machines with STI? Can you give me a ballpark number based on people you know? Thanks!

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

What is the frequency of damage to this machines with STI? Can you give me a ballpark number based on people you know? Thanks!

Sorry but I don't work for STI or have access to type of that information. There a plenty of posts here on pinside where people have shared their experiences and just do a search for shipping or NAVL/STI. There are lots of cheaper alternatives however they are the only company I will use and I have used them to ship some expensive machines. The one time I didn't use them and trusted someone from the pinball community to transport my machine they treated it like shit and damaged it.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

I have utilized STI/NAVL (Michelle Bianchi, agent) dozens of times over the years. All of my games have arrived safely. The game will change hands a couple of times before it arrives at its destination. If your local moving company is reliable, your games should arrive free of damage.

Alternatively, Don Bosworth and Ray Starego are reliable. Here's their Pinside post below. Good luck.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

rutgersray

Pinside member
    Unknown
    <1y 5 0/1

For sale
    My name is Ray Starego and my shipping company is called Games on the Go. I am a pinball collector who delivers games door to door. I am located in Brick NJ and I ship games in the US as far west as Nebraska and handle every state north and south all the way to and including the East Coast. My associate is Don Bosworth from Pinballs on the Move, a 5 year veteran in the coin op moving business. Being collectors we understand the importance of proper handling during shipping to both the seller and buyer. We charge $300 door to door and give a $50 discount per machine for multiple games going to the same buyer. If your buyer needs the game shipped please pass my contact information along. If you need references Don Bosworth is fairly well known on most of the pinball message boards. His website is http://www.pinballsonthemove.com/. I can be reached by this email or on my cell at 610-739-2509. Thanks for your consideration.
    Linked to ad listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/25318
    Added to the marketplace: September 24th, 2015
    Price: $ 300
    Condition: Fresh off route
    Located in: Brick, NJ, USA
    Phone number: 610-739-2509 cell and text

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Sorry but I don't work for STI or have access to type of that information. There a plenty of posts here on pinside where people have shared their experiences and just do a search for shipping or NAVL/STI. There are lots of cheaper alternatives however they are the only company I will use and I have used them to ship some expensive machines. The one time I didn't use them and trusted someone from the pinball community to transport my machine they treated it like shit and damaged it.

Have you ever had any problems with them?

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

I have utilized STI/NAVL (Michelle Bianchi, agent) dozens of times over the years. All of my games have arrived safely. The game will change hands a couple of times before it arrives at its destination. If your local moving company is reliable, your games should arrive free of damage.
    Alternatively, Don Bosworth and Ray Starego are reliable. Here's their Pinside post below. Good luck.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    rutgersray
    Pinside member
    Unknown
    <1y 5 0/1
    For sale
    My name is Ray Starego and my shipping company is called Games on the Go. I am a pinball collector who delivers games door to door. I am located in Brick NJ and I ship games in the US as far west as Nebraska and handle every state north and south all the way to and including the East Coast. My associate is Don Bosworth from Pinballs on the Move, a 5 year veteran in the coin op moving business. Being collectors we understand the importance of proper handling during shipping to both the seller and buyer. We charge $300 door to door and give a $50 discount per machine for multiple games going to the same buyer. If your buyer needs the game shipped please pass my contact information along. If you need references Don Bosworth is fairly well known on most of the pinball message boards. His website is http://www.pinballsonthemove.com/. I can be reached by this email or on my cell at 610-739-2509. Thanks for your consideration.
    Linked to ad listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/25318
    Added to the marketplace: September 24th, 2015
    Price: $ 300
    Condition: Fresh off route
    Located in: Brick, NJ, USA
    Phone number: 610-739-2509 cell and text

Thanks so much

1 year later
    #10 6 years ago

I called NAVL they say they have a 1,000 lb. minimum now and the cost is over $1,000 so it seems like NAVL is not moving pinballs any longer. Who should I use to move a pinball machine now?

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from ctswhole:

I called NAVL they say they have a 1,000 lb. minimum now and the cost is over $1,000 so it seems like NAVL is not moving pinballs any longer. Who should I use to move a pinball machine now?

Did you speak with Michelle Bianchi? That's whom you need to contact

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michelle-bianchi-update-aug-8-2016

#12 6 years ago

Used Stl/navl dozens of times. Only problem I ever had was one guy did a quick wrap of a game and then started to use packing tape to try to tape it to the game. Tapeing it to bare spots with no shrink wrap. I quickly yelled at him to stop. Since then I always shrink wrap my own games before they get there.

1 month later
    #13 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Did you speak with Michelle Bianchi? That's whom you need to contact
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michelle-bianchi-update-aug-8-2016

Yes, I did get ahold of them finally and the pin is in transport now

2 years later
    #14 3 years ago

Hey there - sorry to necro the thread especially as a newcomer here, but I just called and spoke to Michelle Bianchi using the Direct 630-352-3312 number from earlier in the thread - still working there and her experience shows; haven't actually gone through the shipping process with her fully yet, but so far so good

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from truegamer25:

Hey there - sorry to necro the thread especially as a newcomer here, but I just called and spoke to Michelle Bianchi using the Direct 630-352-3312 number from earlier in the thread - still working there and her experience shows; haven't actually gone through the shipping process with her fully yet, but so far so good

Quoted from truegamer25:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-good-bad-amp-ugly-of-delivery-services-pinball-amp-arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-transport-company-to-ship-a-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.